Print Story I stand corrected.
By BadDoggie (Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:32:39 AM EST) cleanliness (all tags)
She got up and walked to the shower. I finished sending an E-Mail and then went in after she was already soaping up. "There's something I forgot to tell you, love... "

Of course there's a poll

Now with non-prurient-interest update

"In my place, showering is a spectator sport."
"No it's not."
"My place, my rules. Showering is a spectator sport."
"It isn't. It's a team sport," she said, pulling me in...

I just came back from a smoke. There's a pediatrician's office in the flat below mine so the ground floor hallway is littered with carriages/prams and parents coming and going. A woman had just secured her screaming infant and realised she'd left her coat upstairs.

"Oh shit! Could you watch my child for a minute?"

Ugh. Oh, what the hell. I'm in a good mood despite suffering from the plague. "OK."

The kid's lung capacity was impressive. I dropped my pinky into his hand and wiggled it to trigger the gripping response as I started talking in Icelandic to him. He quieted instantly. When mum came back she was shocked, and moreso after she started walking away. The kid started screaming again and wouldn't stop when she tried to caress him.

She turned to me and said, "You must be a very good father". "Not yet," I replied. Yeah, I can do this.

< Canning | Bugged >
I stand corrected. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Good times ! by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:41:22 AM EST
I remember when I were a lad...

What disturbs me the most by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:46:45 AM EST
is that you finished sending an email before coming after me.

Hot naked women wandering around your apartment should be preferable to petty concerns like work.

If it starts out like this, will I have to make sure wireless is installed so I can IM you from the bed and insist you take a short walk in my direction?

Wait, what? by hulver (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:52:34 AM EST
You don't already?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Apparently she's young by Merekat (4.00 / 6) #5 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:56:47 AM EST
Maybe she's been using twitter instead?

You left while I was writing. by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 02:54:23 AM EST
You know which E-Mail it was. To my credit I ignored working on the database machine to come directly to you as soon as I was done.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Yeah, I know. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:05:26 AM EST
You should fix the database machine. I promise only to complain a little bit while you do it.

You'll only complain a little bit? by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 06:27:23 AM EST
Kinda like the way you plan on only getting a little bit pregnant?

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Not at all. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 06:32:14 AM EST
I'm not complaining that you're working on the damned thing right now. Even though I have been alone with no one but a plumber to amuse me all day and you're another hour away.

*insert plumbing joke*

See? Not complaining.

Relationship length: ~1 month by marvin (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 06:32:30 AM EST
Pregnancy duration: 9 months.

Time to raise a child: >18 years.

Give your heads a shake, people.

Exponential growth is a bad thing? by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:34:17 AM EST
Not losing This one.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

One point does not a line make by marvin (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:55:10 AM EST
Two points make a line, but do not describe a curve.

Three points can co-exist on a bunch of different curves.

You do not have enough data to determine if you are on an exponential trajectory. If it's worthwhile, if you think it will last, then there should be no need to rush into things.

I already have three data points. by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:03:04 AM EST
YOU provided them. Exponential it is.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

What if it is a biological system? by marvin (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:08:48 AM EST
Exponential growth can be followed by either a stable population, or else a spectacular collapse.

I refer the gentleman to my previous comments by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:10:10 AM EST
She's already made it clear exactly what kind of population growth she expects. Failure next week in Scouselandia will bring about the collapse long before any further growth can take place.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Intemperate youth by marvin (4.00 / 1) #21 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:18:38 AM EST
Maybe you'll be right, and everything will turn out okey-dokey.

And maybe that speeding car will beat the train to the level crossing. No need for bystanders to show any concern.

Wow by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 2) #11 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:47:16 AM EST
"To my credit I ignored working on the database machine..."

It must be love.

WIPO: Second choice to a bath by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:10:36 AM EST

Tub size by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:18:22 AM EST
Ingerland has decent sized tubs, not so most of the rest of the world. We're both relatively small (she much more so) and it'd still be a struggle to fit us in the one here.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Mine is bigger. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:29:23 AM EST
My bathtub, that is.

My shower's better, too.

How delightful by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 03:36:53 AM EST
Icelandic to sooth the savage beast, that's great. I wonder if that would have worked on my colic baby.

CBB also visits his computer first thing out of bed, what are you gonna do. At least they type fast enough to make it to the shower before we're done!

*twinkle*twinkle*

It's a very mellifluous language by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 04:01:58 AM EST
Quite soft, getting yelled at in Icelandic is kind of like getting yelled at in French, but with the "th" sounds thrown in for good measure. It's also generally quite sing-song (save for that one bastard newsreading guy) which may have played a factor.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

I stand corrected. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback