Print Story That was a debate?
By nightflameblue (Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:11:17 AM EST) (all tags)
Sounded more like a bad game of he-said, she-said. Way too much time throwing around accusations of attack ads and not nearly enough time stating positions. Issues, motherfuckers - do you know them? Bleh.

Saw (not) a dead head sticker on (not) a Cadillac. Something about muses and monkeys. Work IT. Disappointment.

Picture it - Minicooper_S, Barrack Obama bumper sticker, Apple logo window cling, Starbuck's coffee logo painted above the bumper.

Feel the redacted.

BREAK

Creativity - Iz haz itz.

Or at least the urge. Strong urge. Very strong urge.

Need to line up a bass guit-fiddle now that AFKS wants his back and get my writing shit arranged for that there big project I had planned. Also, finish up the damn room now that the weather has turned and I can no longer justify being outside all the time. Another summer gone in a flash. So sad.

Still need to work out that subdued lighting plan I was thinking about. Outside of that it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of gutting, cleaning, and organizing.

BREAK

Three months later Zippy fired up his resolve and decided to go check on that printer problem Funhouse2 has been having since forever. At 8:20 the email went out stating he was heading there to fix this shit right up. By 8:22 he was back at his desk texting his wife. It takes forty minutes to get to Funhouse2, so I'm guessing, even with Zippytime in effect, he didn't go.

Fast-forward, he leaves around 9:00. Funhouse2 has not seen him yet. It's currently 10:49. Zippytime apparently failed him, and he got lost in the Zippyverse. It's kind of like hyperspace, only stupider.

And the boss is so far up a consultant's ass today that he can't be reached for comment. He doesn't seem to understand the concept that consultants are here to make money, not to get constant stroking from him. Whatever.

Funhouse! WOOHOO!

BREAK

One of the puppies had an accident yesterday. Now, typically if they have to go and we aren't home it ends up in their litterbox, or at least around their litterbox which is all hard floors so it's no big deal to clean up and their intentions were good so nothing is said about it.

Their intentions were definitely NOT good this time. I had to get two shovels, a HUGE pile of towels, and lots of cleaner to get it cleaned off the carpet. There were many words said. I'm not sure how many of those words were understood, but there was some definite downcast, sad, sad looks from the dogs as I pointed to the pile, said no repeatedly, then pointed to the litterbox and said here. They knew.

Without knowledge of which one did the deed, the only recourse was punishment of none, or punishment of both. Both were scolded. Both had personal playtime removed. Joint playtime was still in effect so we didn't lose our minds with over-energetic puppy-dogs, but they both see personal playtime as their favorite, favorite, favorite activity, so it hit them pretty hard.

Then, this morning, while I was at work and Mrs. NFB was busy in the bathroom, someone peed in the same place as the poop was yesterday. This was while someone was home and they were left alone for only a few minutes.

Houston, we have a problem.

We're going to have to figure this one out soon. We love them dearly, but this is clearly unacceptable. It's only happened twice before in all the years we've had them once they were through the training stage, and they were isolated incidents. This right together shit is not good. Not good at all.

That's all for now. Outz.

< "health of the mother" | so I checked out the gym in the office. >
That was a debate? | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Don't blame the animals by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:36:35 AM EST

I needed to pee. What can I say? I'm sorry, next time I'll do my business outside.

I think I've had to warn you about this before. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:56:16 AM EST
It's already cleaned up, or you'd be getting your face rubbed in it again.

I'll be over here under the coffee table by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:27:31 AM EST

tucking my tail, taking a nap. Hey, is it lunchtime yet?

You just missed it. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:52:07 AM EST

I have to pee by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 08:53:27 AM EST

I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, I have to pee, can I go outside?

DAMMIT! by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 10:47:44 AM EST
YOU WERE JUST OUTSIDE! WHY DIDN'T YOU GO THEN!

/me turns head sideways by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 11:51:14 AM EST

hops up on couch, uses butt to scoot you over, then lays head off edge of couch with slight tail wag.

You forgot the looking out of the top of the eyes. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 05:21:09 PM EST
Cause you know that's what they'd do.

hope your puppies are ok. by misslake (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:52:08 AM EST
i had two manx kittens once upon a time, and unfortunately one suffered from the more serious deformaties of the breed and had a really tiny bladder.
cebes would get caught short if he had been sleeping in the far corner of the apartment and then woke up having to go.
he just couldn't make it all the way through 2 rooms and down the hall.

hope your puppy isn't experiencing any sort of bladder or intenstinal problems that are finding him caught short in the middle of your carpet.

I'm thinking not. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 07:55:27 AM EST
The messes are in the bedroom. The litterbox is eight feet away. They're big dogs. It should take no more than two seconds, possibly less, for either of them to get from here to there. And, as said, so long as it hits the hard floor, which begins even closer, we really don't care because that says they were trying.

Something says this is behavioral. That's somehow more troubling because it's harder to figure out. As much as I don't want them sick, our vet rocks and figures that sort of thing out really quickly. This could linger if it's not an infection of some kind.

How strange that being thoroughly materialistic by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 09:50:20 AM EST
can be viewed as a way to be thoroughly free-thinking in this day and age.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

Not that strange really. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 10:49:29 AM EST
I mean "free thinking" twenty years ago meant you had to have a mowhawk, tattoos and peircings. Honestly, it's just the brand names that have changed.

When did punk rock become so tame? by dmg (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Oct 17, 2008 at 01:33:03 PM EST
When did punk rock become so safe?
When did the scene become a joke?
The kids who used to live for beer and speed
now want their fries and coke...

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Meet the new debate by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Oct 16, 2008 at 11:31:01 AM EST
it's just like the old one.

I didn't bother to watch it. The last one was pretty bad and I didn't expect any different. There's no time to talk about issues because they've all been exhausted. If either side changes their line now, they won't have time to convince anyone of its virtue. If you want to hear about issues, you'll need to create some new ones. Maybe aliens should visit. Barack Hussein Xenu Obama II for prez, bitches!

Chill out, snowflake.