Print Story 10:15
By iGrrrl (Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 05:42:25 AM EST) (all tags)
I sit in the train station with my iPhone, reading HuSi.

It's been a strange couple of weeks, and I feel off my game. Other people seem to have a different opinion, but I should be allowed to make my own call on this. At work I feel as if I'm missing limbs. This is not just the absence of toxicfur. Our admin also left, taking a higher level job and a great deal of institutional memory with her. I have a temp in place, but it isn't the same as someone who can nearly read your mind.

I also have all the stuff coming up in my head in response to what toxicfur is going through. This was not the kind of thing I'd write about on K5, but I've been through almost exactly this. I had an email friend who served witness as we all are doing for tf, and RL people who gave real hugs, and as we all know, K5 would not be the place to talk about what it is like to nurse a parent through the end of their life.

I just want to say this: What you are doing for her you are also doing, outside the linear space-time continuum, for me. Thank you.

10:40 now in Boston

< Decisions, decisions. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
10:15 | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
We appreciate... by ana (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 06:11:07 AM EST
the support, virtual though it may be. It's important to know [a] that real life still exists out there someplace, and [b] that people actually care about us, and what we're going through.

And we appreciate husi, for being the kind of a place where we can post such things.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

I can feel very isolated by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:18:45 AM EST
The world narrows down to what I'm doing right now. We're here.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Where I in subject line = It (n.t.) by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:19:18 AM EST

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

That's exactly it. by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 08:44:21 AM EST
I'm doing what I'm doing, and there's very little room for anything else. Thanks for the words for that. And thanks for being there, and for being a tether to my real life while I'm here. You rock.
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
Well, here's an inside the linear space-time by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 06:26:30 AM EST
continuum #HUG# for you too. I mnow how much it sucks to be without your trusties. Not that I've had very many for awhile.

I think -- from what you're written here -- I'd love to come work for you, but I'd suck at it and you'd hate me when we met anyway.

Don't talk about yourself like that. by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:22:30 AM EST
I probably wouldn't hate you unless you lied to me, told long boring stories when we needed to get work done (which would cause irritation, but not genuine hate), and you needed to be told the same thing 15 times and still didn't get it right.

And thanks for the hug.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Not to self: by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 08:03:17 AM EST
Don't take job w/iGrrrl.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Note. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 08:03:49 AM EST
Not "Not" Jeebus.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Would be funnier by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 08:18:28 AM EST
If you wrote the same comment 15 times. Then wrote "Not to self" straight after.

why not? by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #14 Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 08:24:43 AM EST
Which of the criteria would knock you out?

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I believe that by Phage (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:11:09 AM EST
HuSi people ROCK.

Indeed they do. by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:13:40 AM EST
More than I can possibly begin to explain.
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
There to hold you up by Phage (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:15:34 AM EST
I love that.

It's amazing by iGrrrl (4.00 / 3) #9 Fri Jan 25, 2008 at 07:25:39 AM EST
They really do rock.

The phrase my old PI used to use to describe a bad (unethical, or at least uncollegial) research group is that fish rots from the head down. The meaning of course was that leadership was to blame.

We need the counter-phrase for HuSi. Hulver sets and keeps a tone here that is really, really amazing. Thank you, Hulver.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

10:15 | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback