Print Story Photo Fun Challenge 5 - vote!
Photos
By clover kicker (Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 08:22:19 AM EST) photo, pfc, pfc5 (all tags)
The entries are in, it's time to vote.

The poll is multi-select, vote for each entry that you like.

I'll declare a winner in a week or so, once voting drops off.

Enough blather, on to the photos!

greyrat
wiredog
discordia
kwsNI
driusan
ana
nightflameblue
TheophileEscargot
TurboThy
Farlukar
ad hoc
glamorgan
Kellnerin
clover kicker

If you're interested in the photo subjects, camera settings or postprocessing information, check the original thread.

I'm really impressed with the entries, many thanks to those who participated.

< Break it down. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Fun Challenge 5 - vote! | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Wow by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 09:07:25 AM EST
Well done everyone.  I even liked clover kicker's entry.

This one was actually hard to decide.  Good job!

Gedvondur
"It is virtually impossible to effectively aim a jellyfish, a creature created by God almost solely for the purpose of not flying."- CRwM

IAWTC! by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 10:52:13 AM EST
Wow. Well done everyone. It will be a difficult choice indeed.

I voted for clover kicker.. by Driusan (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Jan 11, 2008 at 01:41:51 PM EST
Because it claimed to be a joke option. Then I clicked on it and discovered that it was a good shot.

Fucking cheater.

Vive le Montréal libre.

there are lots of cool images by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #4 Sat Jan 12, 2008 at 03:57:02 AM EST
but I think ana's might be the coolest, in part due to being at the intersection of natural phenomenon, man-made, and ephemeral. Also, because the thought of being in the middle of making dinner and going "Stop! I have to take a picture of this for the PFC!" makes me smile.

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM
VS2FP. by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jan 12, 2008 at 04:46:15 PM EST
Come on, people!  You know you wanna...

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster
Votes by TurboThy (4.00 / 1) #6 Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 04:01:33 AM EST
I voted for Driusan, glamorgan and Farlukar.

I absolutely love Driusan's grimy shot. Glamorgan's quite nice (but haven't we seen that bridge before? ;-) ) and Farlukar's photo got my vote for its sheer weirdness.

I also liked nfb's, but found the white triangle in the lower right corner too distracting from the effect.
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.

Different bridge by glamorgan (4.00 / 1) #7 Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 06:25:58 AM EST
My night photo bridge was a pedestrian bridge in Calgary.  This bridge is a rather large vehicle bridge spanning the Panama Canal......

I seem to have developed a bridge theme, it seems.  I'll make sure to change it up for the next contest.

PFC 6: Bridges ftw :-) by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jan 13, 2008 at 08:39:12 AM EST
might have to do a collage shot for that one by discordia (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 08:01:30 AM EST
since I've got four major bridges I'd have to choose from

I voted bridge (ao) ... by farlukar (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 08:33:16 AM EST
... but I'm slighly biased, I've got a degree in civil engineering
___
90% of everything is crap. Except crap. 100% of crap is crap.
tough to vote by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Jan 15, 2008 at 07:05:47 PM EST
good pictures but i bet just about all of these were better in person.

as photographers we should be able to overcome by discordia (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 10:11:42 AM EST
that

Nope! by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 05:06:19 PM EST
Mine was just as boring in person!

Vive le Montréal libre.
Much better in person by glamorgan (4.00 / 2) #19 Thu Jan 17, 2008 at 06:33:24 AM EST
Not that I think I did a bad job with my shot, but 'in person' was sailing through the panama canal on a cruise ship.  I spent the canal day on the top deck, lying in the sun, reading/sleeping, and enjoying the occasional cerveza.  I was able to take the shot from the comfort of my lounge chair.

Sure beats the cube I'm currently sitting in....

Kellnerin ftw by discordia (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 10:12:27 AM EST
but I'd love to know what it is a pic of

Jeez... by ana (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 10:34:02 AM EST
see her diary.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

ty by discordia (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 11:04:40 AM EST

wow by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 04:01:24 PM EST
I don't think I've gotten that kind of endorsement ever for a WFC, and I like to think I have more ski||z in that area than this one. Actually, I thought the diary was better than the picture.

I'm shocked to be anywhere close to TurboThy (who takes, like, real photos or something) and previous winner glamorgan. My entry was mostly luck. So much so that it almost feels like cheating. But thanks :)

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM

its on-topic, etherial, and 'neat' by discordia (4.00 / 2) #17 Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 04:25:48 PM EST
thats all it takes