Print Story What I learned from 2007:
Love
By ammoniacal (Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 12:58:23 AM EST) (all tags)
1. People are more important than Plastic. Always.

2. When a woman tells you she loves you and wants you refrain from negative behavior, she really means it.

3. The first half of 2007, I was pretty happy, at my partner's expense. A horrible, dreadful and severely regrettable error on my part.

4. When two people stop taking psychoactive medication, it can exacerbate underlying problems. Address these problems together and come up with a plan, if you want to survive them.

5. If I want to ever regain the glory years I shared with a certain person, I must make some important changes in the way I live.

6. I must learn to love and trust with all of my heart, withholding nothing from my partner, for in return, she shall provide what I lack, and we shall both be the better for it.

7. Never forget your desires, for they are mostly your destiny, providing you are already living your life as detailed in 1-6 above.

8. Forgive your partner's foibles and do not judge them, for you are no better. Remove the stick from your own eye.

9. Make many small things of joy together, and  share the joy and passion of creation with your partner, for it brings comfort and inspiration to them.

10. Tell your partner, every day, that you love them, that they are the most important thing in the world to you. Then demonstrate what you just said. Do this without fail, or you may lose that love.

Inspired by some heavy-duty reflection this weekend and good advice from many friends.

I can do this, I know it in my heart.

< It's 2008. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
What I learned from 2007: | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
people versus plastic by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 06:09:16 AM EST
what, you couldn't put your toys, er  dolls, umm collectible action figures with kung-fu griptm away and spend time with people ?

To the degree asked of me... by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 06:21:01 AM EST
apparently not.

Just as long as you don't forget by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 06:22:06 AM EST
That even making these resolutions won't solve your current problems.

But you look to me like someone who does well with what you've got: a man of generous heart despite the suffering you've seen and had. So, yeah, I know it means nothing to you in terms of fixing the ache in your heart, but for what it's worth, you rock

I think it'll make headway towards that goal. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 09:12:53 AM EST
She knows I am a good guy and I hope I'm forgiven some day.

Obligatory plastic comment... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 07:45:04 AM EST

That is all.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

I've priced those. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 09:14:52 AM EST
How do you manage the rent?

By having milk crates for furniture apparently -nt by fluffy (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 09:46:36 AM EST
Just lucky, I guess... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 10:28:58 AM EST
I'd guess by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #12 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 10:57:46 AM EST
He saves a bundle by buying the Budget Saver Assorted Twin Pops by the case, as opposed to the more expensive brand named Twin Pops...

Damn smart shopper by the looks of things.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Pretty decent list by marvin (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 08:41:56 AM EST
It is too bad for your sake that it was developed with the benefit of hindsight.
And it still might not be enough. Your best case scenario is going to be a long hard, slog. Through waist deep snow. Uphill both ways. If you want some more practice in that type of thing, my driveway could use shoveling again.
Estrogen therapy or plastic surgery can give you what you lack. Better living through chemistry, and all that.

Probably just awkward phrasing on your part, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I read #6. Had you instead said "...withholding nothing from my partner, for only she can fill the muchagecko-shaped hole in my heart.", it would have sounded much less like a business transaction. Also, at this point, it appears that she does not share your opinion that you will both be the better for it.

I'd walk through Hell barefooted for this woman. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 09:19:18 AM EST
People who saw us together at HuSiStock can confirm this.

Well then... by marvin (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Jan 01, 2008 at 09:28:44 AM EST
Quit wasting your time on here, take your shoes off, and get walking.

What I learned from 2007: | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback