Print Story See you on the other side
Art
By spacejack (Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 09:42:01 AM EST) (all tags)
The view from here, in a different direction, and female butt-cracks and a side-boob this time. Other misc stuff.

Looking east from the balcony. It's a skyline of condo construction!

From TSA again. Great model this time. It seemed like all she had to do was stop moving and she was in a perfect pose. Too bad I didn't end up with more worth posting.

I have to remember to check the U of T bookstore for more body parts: interesting bone casts, anatomical figures, etc. Learning this stuff from 3D models (not the projected 2D kind on a computer) is really the only way to go. (Actually, if you had some kind of head-mounted sensor that would adjust the camera as you moved your head, that might be a half-decent substitute.)
Waiting for some jobs to start up at work. Kind of a drag, since I keep thinking I'll be starting a big project every day, but it keeps getting pushed back. On the plus side, my next cheque for jobs done over the summer should be pretty fat.
I've managed to catch the first 3 eps of Californication so far. Wow, that show packs in as much comedy as classics like like Seinfeld or Arrested Development. Cat Stevens, the dog?? heh.

Still need to catch Superbad in the theatre. Maybe tomorrow.

< Error: invalid/empty fields: Title | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
See you on the other side | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 10:07:45 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by greyrat

(Retort deleted) by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 02:28:56 PM EST
This retort has been deleted by ucblockhead
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Please to be applying your retort by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 04:34:13 PM EST
here. I just had to fix an egregious typo. Otherwise, the comment is the same.

Yes, I know you're just joking...

RE the model: by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 10:40:38 AM EST
I'm sure it didn't hurt that she appears to be a long-legged, long-waisted, hip-y doll that we both seem to prefer.

Freudian slip repaired.

Also: I like the shadow poses by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 10:45:58 AM EST
Is that bleed through from the following page? The shadow on the right is particularly effective.

Yeah, showing through the page by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 11:15:51 AM EST
I think because I've started using a charcoal pencil which results in darker line work, rather than using a conté stick for everything. I still use the stick for shading.

What I really want to learn is how to shade and suggest volume with lines and hatching. I'm still pretty bad at that.

I like that one 'hatched' model you put up by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 11:23:06 AM EST
a few months ago. Also, I was referring to the compostion of the two images on the right. The image on the page and the 'shadow' of the image on the next page.

I can get body parts for you. by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #7 Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 02:41:58 PM EST
No questions asked.

Nice city by littlestar (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu Sep 06, 2007 at 09:21:24 AM EST
Superbad was soooooooo funnny. I think even if you're not totally baked, which I was, it would still be reallllly funny.
*twinkle*twinkle*