Print Story Snow!
By Merekat (Mon Sep 03, 2007 at 06:07:44 AM EST) (all tags)
Okay, not here or now.

But tomorrow and in the mountains below 1,000m. I'm all excited about even the idea of snow so soon. You can feel the change in the air quality now coming into Autumn proper. It is crisply cool. I almost want to eat it. I'm still wearing t-shirts around the city so that I can feel the chill on my skin. When it rains the thoroughly wet, straight down rain, I giggle for no good reason.

Today I was reasonably productive. Tomorrow I hope to be more so.

I ate too much this weekend. I feel pudgy. I also drank too much. I definitely feel pudgy. Still, no visitors for a while now so there is recovery time.

I am re-reading all the Harry Potters before the final one. I am now on Harry Potter, the whiney teenage years. On the plus side, it is relatively light on Quidditch. This is confirming my opinion that the series reached the peak of quality in book three (Prisoner of Azkaban) and the rest are an unrestricted exercise in tree culling in comparison. Comments about how I should not re-read or should read 'quality literature' will be ignored.

< Unemployment: Week Six | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Snow! | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
PoA by hulver (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Sep 03, 2007 at 06:19:52 AM EST
Definately the best of the potter films as well. Not that I've seen the latest one yet.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
The latest film by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Sep 04, 2007 at 01:18:55 AM EST
Includes a female version of Evil Cloaked User as Luna Lovegood. Who was also by far the most interesting character. And rather cute.

How about... by ShadowNode (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Sep 03, 2007 at 05:47:47 PM EST
Comments that you should read adult* literature? ;)

* No, I do not mean not erotic harry potter fanfic.

Also ignored by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Sep 04, 2007 at 02:23:17 AM EST
But partially. I'm not evaluating HP from an adult point of view - it doesn't really stand up to that kind of scrutiny imo (unlike His Dark Materials, for example). I'm evaluating it along the lines of tasty brain candy. Book 3 has the right balance of plot progression, necessarily repeating elements and new concepts to be a very good children's book. The later, arguably more adult, complex books really don't deliver and I think this is down to increasing slackness in the writing. Less is more, really.

Well, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Sep 04, 2007 at 01:14:27 AM EST
I thought I needed to read some undemanding fiction the other day, so I tried to reread the Prisoner of Azkaban but I got bored by the time they'd got to Hogwarts, and nothing really developed. Maybe I care about them less since reading the last book and the epilogue.

Snow! | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback