Print Story I just can't get excited over the new TV series
Films
By georgeha (Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 10:04:43 AM EST) Diskworld, hexity goodness (all tags)
I guess I must be getting old.

Plus, Thief of Time, winterizing, meh weekend, ATSBG1A and less.

[editor's note, by georgeha] Edited to add TMI moment

Poll: Most anticipated new TV show?

Right now, I'd rather be printing, but all our fancy pants color lasers are being used for testing. All of them.

It was a meh weekend, we did a bit of cleanup around the house, put away the swimming pool, took the girls to swimming at the Y, slept in, just pretty meh. We needed a low key weekend since the last two were too busy.

I also checked out the local library branch, as I should have expected, they have about 10 Diskworld novels. This weekend was Thief of Time, which was good, but had insufficient amounts of Vimes in it. One of the swimming class dad's (his kid is also in sixth grader's class) commented on it, he likes Pratchett. That was nice, you'd think that with him being a UNIX SA we'd have loads to talk about, but I get enough Solaris at work.

I did play a new wargame, well, sort of new. I got the Advanced Tobruk Basic Game 1A, Screaming Eagles, yet another game set in Normandy during D-Day. It's a nice stepping stone up to the full ATS, only 4 pages of 8 point type rules, an 11x17 map, and two pages of charts, pretty simple.

We've started winterizing the house, by removing once of the window AC's and putting down grass seed in the backyard. I should finish insulating the attic, too. I enjoy that sort of work on a cool fall day with a mug of beer and football on the radio. I hope you FF people picked up Trent Edwards, I'm sure he's going to turn the Bills around.

TMI I must be getting old, I had a lot of slightly undercooked garlic bread last night, and it's making me miserable. Apologies to anyone in the next stall.

Apparently it's new TV series season. I have the least claim to the TV, so what I watch is mostly Disney or Nik, or General Hospital. What new TV shows are you anticipating?

< A bit of everything | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I just can't get excited over the new TV series | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 10:18:30 AM EST
Mad Men, Californication, Dexter and Rescue Me are about all I enjoy watching, though only the first two are new shows, and they already started.

Missing Poll Option: by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 10:23:06 AM EST
  • The good one.

• wipo by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 12:49:29 PM EST
    football. or alternatively basketball. or hockey.

thief of time by discordia (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 02:25:27 PM EST
    awesome book.  I think pratchett is at his best when he is adding new, interesting characters to the series

Missing PO & WIPO by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 04:37:08 PM EST
    MPO: new greedy game show

WIPO: Burn your tv!
    Heat, pressure, and time: the three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

TMI? Just right, more like it! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 04:54:51 PM EST

When I was much younger, I was more prone to getting into geeky discussions with fellow UNIX admins. Now I feel that stuff is for nerds, and unless someone's handing me green money or just green to fix their shit, I'd rather talk about pretty much anything else on Earth.

WIPO: by Horatio Hellpop (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 06:14:30 PM EST
    Heroes, but I don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate Claire's new hair-do.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here

winterizing the house by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 07:25:27 AM EST
    It's going up to 90°F today.  90!  In late September!

I want Fall, dammit!

WIPO: BSG Season 4.

Earth First!
    (We can strip mine the rest later.)

It was 92 yesterday, global warming is true! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 07:33:45 AM EST

SciFi's Ghosthunters!!! by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 09:03:00 AM EST
    New season starts tonight. Why waste time with fiction - when you can have REAL GHOSTS!

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin