Print Story Purple fives.
Health
By ad hoc (Thu Sep 20, 2007 at 09:13:09 AM EST) (all tags)

So I scheduled an appointment with a veterinary oncologist at Angell. The appointment isn't until Oct 5. Who knew they had such a backlog!

As I was talking to the guy who was doing the scheduling, we were talking about the lab reports and he was saying "I see it's a 'Spindle Cell Tumor'". So I said I was told it was "hemangiopericytoma". SO I was asking what was the difference or is there a difference or what's going on here? He's not a vet and even though he's worked there for a long time, he didn't know. That got me all confused and concerned. Does he have two problems or what?

So I did what any 21st century hep cat does: I blogged about it.

Then I went for a bike ride, the first one since the heat episode at the end of August. It was nice, but I didn't start until too late. I'd planned only going to Lexington Center, but then I saw a guy I see around a lot who also has a Fondriest zoom buy. So I caught up to him to see his new Look bike (schweet!) and rode with him to Bedford. That meant it was quite dark by the time I got back home.

When I did get back, there were two messages on my machine. Someone had sent the oncologist a link to the blog and she was calling to answer my questions! Whoa! Who ever heard of such a thing? I have to say I was nearly speechless. She got a mention in my will for doing that! And talk about fast. I posted that at, like, 4:00 and she called around 5:15.

Anyway, the answer is that it's a general to specific. A hemangiopericytoma is a specific type of general spindle cell tumor that affects the "pericyte" or wall of the blood vessels.

She apologized several times for not having a schedule slot before Oct 5 and wondered whether it had grown! She said that it may seem a long time before the appointment but that "things tend to move pretty fast once you're in here". Ugh. I took out a sharpie and marked where the tumor is so I can see if it's getting any bigger. So now he has magic marker on his foot.

Anyway, that made me a huge fan of Angell, but I'm going to be wreck before that appointment comes.

< Oh no it's Devo | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Purple fives. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Pet owners are a devoted bunch. by spacejack (4.00 / 4) #1 Thu Sep 20, 2007 at 09:31:11 AM EST
Here's hoping for the best!

Poor puppy! by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Sep 20, 2007 at 09:44:07 AM EST
Hang in there. All of ya'.

Still waiting for the rest of the world by Phage (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu Sep 20, 2007 at 10:25:53 PM EST
to catch up.

That's way cool. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 03:10:33 AM EST
As a side note, the prettiest bill I've ever had in my possession was the Saudi twenty riyal note. This image doesn't do it justice. The five hundred riyal note was also very pretty.

That looks by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 04:40:20 AM EST
very much like the Egyptian five pound note.

I like some of the yerpian money with the dead white guys in wigs.
Heat, pressure, and time: the three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

The roundel in the upper right or the face by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 04:49:52 AM EST
is the ultimate 'shiny object' hologram. And the paper had an unusual texture which you can't see in the photo at all.

I haven't had too many euros in my possession, although I did bring some home from Venice for the kids. Credit cards make life much easier in Yerp.

I have an ancient US five dollar silver certificate with a beautiful rendering of an American Indian in a full feathered headdress on the face. I'll have to see if I can get to a scanner.

The large purple 5 for the visually by husiacct (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Sep 21, 2007 at 09:23:49 AM EST
impaired is nice. Maybe braille bumpy things next...

off-topic, but... by ana (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Sep 27, 2007 at 02:21:59 AM EST
attention boston infidels

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Purple fives. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback