Print Story Attention Infidels
Music
By motty (Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:21:12 AM EST) fun loving cowwqas., cd, cd baby, gigs, acoustic venues (all tags)
I have some questions. Questions regarding Paypal, regarding CDs and regarding acoustic venues outside London. Also, sofas.

These are my questions three:

1 - Now that the CD I've been working on for the last twenty million years (give or take) is finally up on CD Baby, they've actually tried to send me some money. Not much, but some. However, Paypal doesn't seem to have seen it yet, and since this is the first time that anyone has attempted to send me money via Paypal, I don't know if this is normal. Is this normal?

2 - The CD to which I refer is the one described on this CD Baby page here in case you were wondering. I did attempt to buy an ad but only later saw that these things were discontinued some time in February. That is because I am dim. My apologies to Mr H.

3 - I am hoping to organise a not-unrelated mini shoestring budget UK tour between now and Christmas, basically involving as many one-off acoustic gigs in small venues as, when and where I can book them. So please send me your shoestrings. No. That wasn't what I wanted to ask. Not at all. What I meant to ask is, especially if you are not in London, can you recommend small acoustic type venues near you that I might approach, and getting cheekier, in the event that I did happen to book myself a gig some place from which I could not get back to London the same evening, say, round the corner from your place, could I kip on your sofa for a night? I will recompense you with a copy of the CD and a drink. Obviously this won't work if you don't like me or my music, but please to PM if you do.

Timing, essence, etc.

< A weekend of divergence | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention Infidels | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
congrats on the album by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:35:08 AM EST
all sorts of good professional folk here..

Cheers by motty (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:02:36 PM EST
Indeed.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
if they conducted the transaction on paypal by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:48:33 AM EST
it should show up in your account instantly (based on my experience using them for ebay).

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

also by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:49:22 AM EST
paypal itself will send you an email telling you that someone sent you money. If you didn't get that, the people sending you the money likely haven't done the transaction yet.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Looks like it... by motty (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:04:11 PM EST
They've got 150,000 artists on their books there, and while I'm sure not all of them get a payment every week, I imagine that enough do to make it possibly take a while to process.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Cambridge venue by Vulch (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:54:12 AM EST

The Portland Arms does a fair bit of up and coming music type stuff in Cambridge.

Cheers by motty (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:05:26 PM EST
I will check that out.

IIRC there's a 24 hour Cambridge to London coach service as well.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

dontknowifitsnormal by ti dave (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 12:50:31 PM EST
haveyouconfirmedyouraddresswithpaypal?theyliketohaveitthatwaylovetostayandchatsomemorebutigottarun

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

canconfirmiamconfirmed by motty (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:01:56 PM EST
ta

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
If your person by debacle (4.00 / 1) #16 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 05:17:09 PM EST
Is not using a confirmed account, however, the money will not be sent over by paypal until the funds have been confirmed by a bank, which should really only take 5-6 days tops.

I'm near the Gladstone and the Drake by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:42:12 PM EST
If you manage to get booked there, you can crash on my couch. The basement of the Drake would work pretty well for a small accoustic venue, I think, though I've only ever seen hot chicks rapping to beats coming from an iPod there and other such pretentious, um, "artistic," acts, which weren't exactly accoustic per se.

Now, to be fair, I don't actually have a couch, but my floor is carpeted, and like a couch insofar as being able to sleep and maybe even sit on it, if you were so inclined.

Vive le Montréal libre.

Cheers by motty (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 01:50:55 PM EST
Alas I suspect that I may have logistical travel issues that will make it harder for me to get there this year than I'd like. Next year, maybe. On verra.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
What if I told you.. by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 04:30:49 PM EST
That they have a piano?

Vive le Montréal libre.
I will accelerate my plans by motty (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 04:41:50 PM EST
However this may not be immediately noticeable.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
When's the European tour? by komet (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 02:04:50 PM EST
I may - repeat, may - be able to get you anything up to two gigs in Switzerland.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Next year by motty (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 02:20:33 PM EST
I've been invited to a birthday party in France in June. Barring acts of God I'm going, and I'm hoping to book a few gigs sort of kind of around then for the vague vicinity, give or take several hundred miles in each direction. Would love to come to Switzerland as I've not been.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Re: Ads. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Sep 11, 2007 at 10:28:56 PM EST
Whoops. I always forget to check that bit of the site.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Keep up the texting by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed Sep 12, 2007 at 12:26:26 AM EST
Of when you're playing gigs and eventually I'll be free to make it.  Usually, I'm not even in the country when you're playing...

He always seems to play days I'm busy as well by priestess (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Sep 12, 2007 at 01:13:41 PM EST
Maybe I"m busy all the time? That'd be weird.

Pre......
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Attention Infidels | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback