Print Story Dropa the weapon an autopsy
By TPD (Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 12:00:39 AM EST) (all tags)
and other irrelevant stuff

Tiebreak: Drop the .....

Sticking to convention here's my WFC6 Autopsy

There's not really much to say, it was rightly panned by the critics for lacking in plot, with what little there was being particularly weak. All of which is basically a consequence of starting after the deadline (yes the lastest last last deadline) and randomly typing away for 15 odd minutes. Initially it was going OK (the arrest, and the interview bits) but it wasn't going anywhere.

I tried to tack on a bit of motivation and twist but they weren't really thought out (and in places a little contradictory) and it badly shows!

I'm pretty sure it's poor showing is due to failings in the story itself rather than formatting - I'm not quite sure why Word Mangled the format but I only noticed after the upload, and by the time I tried to upload a fixed format version the upload option had already gone bye-byes. Fortunately (or possibly unfortunately) after a pm from me, the awesome 256 reinstated the version misformatted had uploaded.

At least I did actually manage to enter this one though which I am happy about and it gives me more impetuous to enter again (maybe even thinking the plot out before hand next time)

Cider, Beer and Sambuca

Weekend fun

Kids etc

MFC progressing slowly latest version can be heard here http://www.upload66.com/file/8277/BallotThis2-mp3.html

which is just a bit tacked on to what I posted before. Just need some lyrics, learn to sing, to get my chops up to speed (very little playing this last month) record a kick arse solo and rerecord all the fluffed notes (and timings) now. So it's almost done ;).

< Linkfarm! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Dropa the weapon an autopsy | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
\m/ by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 02:09:25 AM EST
How about adding some harmony guitar parts in that play with the lead line?

Like, 5|7|12 tones above, and repeat the phrase higher up in the parts where you have the ending note of the phrase sustained?

Yeah may have a mess about by TPD (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 06:54:06 AM EST
with putting a bit of harmony in that last riff

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Er ... by Herring (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 09:11:53 AM EST
Doubling in 5ths or octaves isn't really harmonisation.

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)
Sir in the metal Genre by TPD (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 02:29:16 PM EST
if it isn't a flattened 2nd or a tritone it counts as harmony!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Ti bur ache by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 03:07:31 AM EST
  • Piano.

• You are a Renaissance man. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 04:52:13 AM EST
    How many HuSites have posted to all the FCs?

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
    well by TPD (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 06:13:28 AM EST
    probably most of the other HuSites actually have something resembling lives ;).

Besides I've yet to enter the Photography FC. As it requires* exposure to the outside world.

* well not strictly I guess

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Oh yeah, lives. by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 06:35:51 AM EST
    I got a couple of scribbles in yesterday. It's the first time in ages that I've had time to do anything creative.

I look up to those that can balance their schedules to include the FCs with their lives. Hopefully someday I'll grow up to be like you. ;p

Tiebreak by debacle (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 07:07:44 AM EST
    cock and grab your socks!

But by TPD (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 07:28:36 AM EST
    My sock is on my cock!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
    Word by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 02:42:07 PM EST
    That's what it does; screw up formatting. Don't underestimate that, either -- the harder it is to parse/read, the more people are likely to think "this better be worth it" and it's harder to make a positive impression.

Still, I'm with the gecko -- keep on *ing The Fuck Out -- you're an inspiration to Husites everywhere.

"Late to the party" is the new "ahead of the curve" -- CRwM