Print Story dumped (?)
By alprazolam (Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 07:11:56 AM EST) hey bitch, wait til you see my dick, beat that pussy up (all tags)
this one's for you Bob.

So my buddy from St. Louis flew into town Thursday night. We enjoyed a fabulous meal (ceviche, smoked tenderloin, "coffee" and doughnuts) at Stephen Pyles (required eating for out of town visitors imo) Thursday night before driving down to Austin Friday afternoon.

Friday we meet at my other friend's house for a bit and "chill" before heading out to get sushi with the doctor. The one from San Antonio that I've been seeing, who just moved to Austin last month. So we're all there (Otadaku) eating, talking, having fun, etc. Both my buddies get up to go to the bathroom and the doctor kind of leans over. To know her is to know that she rarely just blurts out whatever it is she's trying to say.

So she's sort of muttering for a minute, and then gets around to "so, remember how we said we'd tell the other if one of us is dating somebody?" to which I probably nodded kinda stupidly and said "mmmm-yeah..". "Well I'm dating somebody, blah blah blah..."

"Oh okay, guess I expected that to happen after you moved to Austin anyway".

"Well actually he's from San Antonio, we've been dating since June, met him at a bar, blah blah blah."

To which I respond with my patented phoney smile, nodding, and noncommittal grunting sounds.

"Oh and I was talking to him yesterday and he's coming up tomorrow, so he'll be coming out with us..."

"ahhh...well..whatever...what're you gonna do, eh?"

At which point I think my buddies returned and saved me from having to speak coherently or think rationally.

I mean, you know, gonna happen anyway, we had an agreement, blah blah blah whatever. Guess it would have been nice to have known that before coming down but what's she gonna do, call me up to say she's seeing somebody and our...affair(?) is over?

So needless to say I did proceed to get fairly shitty Friday night, but not anything out of the ordinary. I talked to people a bit, but mostly drank real fast.

Saturday night some of her doctor friends (including the one my buddy randomly hooked up with last time) came up, along with her new...whatever. Boyfriend? (imagine eye rolling smiley here). So he started off the night after meeting all of us and shaking our hands by buying a round of jager bombs for everybody, which is a nice gesture and pretty much exactly what I would have done in that situation. I guess he seemed like a nice guy. A little square maybe. I'm better looking.

So yea I got fucked up Saturday night, did more drinking than socializing but don't think I embarrassed myself although not at my best. I was pretty much the only one to talk to the random guy who just sat down at our table and started talking to us.

So I guess that's that for that. Fun while it lasted. I suppose I can comfort myself with the fact that I at least managed to be getting some for the first half of '07.

I need to go out this week and get some ass though. Surely it's possible. Unlikely I suppose but if I just go out it's gotta be possible.

I spilled half a cup of coffee on myself this morning so I get to smell stale coffee all day. Lucky me.

Some of you guys who are into hip hop should check out Night Ripper by Girl Talk.

< Unemployment: Week Seven | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
dumped (?) | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The way you present it... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 07:40:30 AM EST
(and keep in mind, somehow despite having you in my hotlist I seem to have missed most of the backstory here)

well, the way you present it, it looks like just one of those things you chalk up to experience and move along, via some blixian consumption of whiskey, etc.

indeed by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:15:25 AM EST
the great thing about mugshots, other than the back patio, is the $5 double whiskey and cokes. and i even got a free shot at the end of the night friday.

typical chick responses by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 07:41:09 AM EST
1) that sucks and I'm sorry  2)if you liked her that much - why weren't you seeing her exclusively? What were you waiting for?
it's not that so much by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:17:29 AM EST
as the wound to my massive ego. and why the hell is it so much harder for me to meet women at bars than it is for everybody else?

i wouldn't call it dumped by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:07:36 AM EST
i would call it ending what was a just for fun relationship.

if you actually want a relationship with her, i suggest you tell her so.  otherwise....meh, it happens.

I voted one and two by debacle (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:10:12 AM EST
All's fair in love and war. You should have kicked her ass.

That's cold... by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 3) #7 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:24:48 AM EST
Not only is she hooking up with the guy but she's going to rub it in your face by inviting him along?

Man, I don't care what type of arrangement you had going with her, that seems a little cold to me.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

thanks by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:27:46 AM EST
i thought i handled it as well as i could and i didn't really want to handle it any better. but yea in retrospect i should have made out with some random drunk coed but that's just not my strong suit.

I agree with Bob by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #9 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 08:50:21 AM EST
and webwench has the (eye rolling smiley) icon library.
Heat, pressure, and time: the three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
2 & 3 by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 09:00:16 AM EST
I wanted to hit 6 as well but really, the way you write this, that just wouldn't have been the right thing for you. Also, what yankeehack and Bob both wrote. Spot on.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

dumped (?) | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback