2. SSR Plug II: Thomas vs Mowbray. High Court decision on control orders. Problem is Gleeson has defined domestic terrorism as a defence (ie military) issue under the defence head power. That won't get misused.
3. SSR Plug III: Politics of Exception. Extreme case example is Hussein. The executive dominated all politics yet they held elections (where Hussein had a blue ballot and his challenger a pink one). Democracy was reduced to the mechanical act of voting - all liberalism was removed from it.
4. IDEs good enough now that people dont covet Visual Studio. I agree, I reckon eclipse is better than VS.Net.
5. Beautiful picture in industrial light. Very shapely.
6. Hobby as art - 1/48 Biff.
7. Democrats passed a FISA bill. Way to let that one get away. Republicans still have it all over the Democrats for politicking and electioneering (and party discipline). Problem is the Republicans are hopeless at governance - IMO because of their focus on politicking and forgetting the 'limited government' component of the constitution. Australia is having a similar issue.
10. Wolfmother - big sound for a three piece.
11. Cosmic Psychos - Biggest sound of any three piece I have heard. Ear bleeding levels.
12. Make your own biodiesel. But don't drink it.
17. Watched some DVDs including the first show of the first series of BSG. That was a good episode. The next episode I stopped as it started out emo (dont we have a responsibility not kill the olympus carrier?) All that is good and bad in BSG. Since I stopped watching it was baltar a cylon or not?
17a. Watched some of the Two Towers but skipped over the Frodo/Sam bits. Boring.
17b. Watched some of Rat Race until they got to the Lucy bit then turned it off. The start is good, the middle not and the end meh. Good movie though, just not rewatchable the whole way through.
17c. skinemax seems to be playing the "of the dead" films again. Watched Return of the Dead II - has its moments. Doing the story from a kids point of view is clever. A kid is more vulnerable to being terrorised (and audience empathy) than a pretty woman. Dawn of the Dead is pretty good too but it has an ending that is full of despair. Never quite worked out the connection between bites and heaven being full so dead stay on earth. I like the movie though, well done and good story.
17d. Pursuant to emo BSG. I like my heroes to be the sergeant major type. Tough, blunt, fair yet aware the world is unjust but not in a position to change that. I dont like emo heroes. I think batman is a wanker. This might be why I prefer Hellboy and Constantine as comic book movies to most of the others. Their heroes fit that mould of gruff acceptance.
|< Aye, I am agitated | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|