Print Story Photo Friday: Beach
Photos
By stark (Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 12:42:11 AM EST) photos, photo of the day, beach (all tags)
This is a shot of Traigh Losgaintir, a beach on the west coast of the lower half of the Isle of Lewis.

(For some reason, at this point it's actually the Isle of Harris, despite the two areas being the same island...)

Traigh Losgaintir
< I'm Finally gonna be a MOMMY!!! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Friday: Beach | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Nice by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 12:43:50 AM EST
Polarising filter?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I think so, yes by stark (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 01:14:38 AM EST
Plus I admit to a bit of saturation tweaking to get the colours more true to what I saw with my own eyes :-)
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.
I've just bought a polariser by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 01:20:11 AM EST
Seems quite tricky to use but I haven't had the opportunity to try it properly yet.

BTW keep meaning to link you to my Flickr stream... click

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Where's Leonardo Dicaprio by Ken Pompadour (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 05:56:47 AM EST

Heh. Looks like the Carribean. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 06:41:57 AM EST
What was the temperature?

Some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK by stark (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Aug 18, 2007 at 01:21:46 AM EST
Although the general average temperature would be roughly 10 degrees C! That day it was sunny and in the middle of summer; I think it was about 17 degrees.

Google Maps has a nice satellite view of the area.

Photo Friday: Beach | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback