Print Story Theatre!
Art
By CountSpatula (Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 03:45:05 AM EST) art, theatre, frustration, happiness (all tags)
Man, it's finally coming all around, after all this work.  It's seriously been quite some time since I've been this stoked about anything.  And now, since we've gotten the stage fully built and are now starting to build the seating risers, it's really coming around to kick me in the head.  My own goddamn theatre!

And, so you know, we've already got a six show season on the way, starting out with "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society Murder Mystery" (quite the long name, actually) and moving on from there.

Yaay!

All I have to put up with now is an ex-girlfriend who 'helps' us, a director who is now just thinking with his dick (although I'll definitely help him get to Oregon, if that will help the situation), a boss who is somewhat iffy on letting me off to work at the theatre, and a friend who now thinks it's a bad idea for me to be spending 25 hours a week monitoring the place.  But, fuck them.  We just got $1250 this week in season memberships.  I think that justifies me being there.

It helps also that we're doing improv weekly (with adjustments as necessary) and are ramping it up to Fridays and Saturdays, coming in August.

Oh, any of you HuShi'ites who are in the midwest, let me know.  I can get you into shows and stuff, only if you'll usher people, or something like that.

More than happy to share great art.

< Photo Tuesday: Rigging | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Theatre! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
awesome! by clock (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 04:24:32 AM EST
if you can find something that fires you up like this, you should run with it as far and as fast as you can go.

congrats!  keep us informed!  i LOVE hearing about stuff like this.  art is by/for people and some of the best pieces/places have started small.

rock.  on.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

It's a lot of fun. by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Jul 29, 2007 at 11:06:01 AM EST
I've been just so totally stoked by all the progress we've made in the place.  Sure, it took about 10 different passes with degreaser on the floor to get it actually looking like concrete, but all of the work has been worth it.

The great thing is that show attendance has been getting larger and larger as time goes on.  Just yesterday (Sat. 28th), we had around 30 people in there.  Hell, the first week, we only had 5.  Word is spreading.

Oh yeah.

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster

i'm midwesty by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 07:35:06 AM EST
but the midwest is a big place, so you're gonna have to be more specific.
---------
La Crosse, WI by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Jul 29, 2007 at 10:39:58 AM EST
We're right on the river, in case you didn't know, and I90 goes right on the north side of the city.  We happen to be on the south side of the city, within spitting distance of the old Heileman brewery.  Want more info?

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster
other side of the same state by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Jul 29, 2007 at 02:13:44 PM EST
basically straight across. last time i was in LaCrosse was a mission to get the last dress of a particular style in nick's mom's size for our wedding.
---------
Cool. by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Aug 06, 2007 at 03:19:01 PM EST
If you can make it, that would be great.  We're really going to have a great season.

Organics.