Print Story Ooh, I'm on telly
By ad hoc (Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 10:28:45 AM EST) (all tags)
The thing I taped a while ago was on Sunday.

I finally found a link to it. I was pretty much cut out. The topic was "relationships" and, as that's definitely not my long suit, I really had nothing to say. But I do look interested. Sort of. For the split second or two I'm on the screen.

There are three more airings over the coming months. Not sure what that topics will be for that. It was a pretty wide-ranging discussion.

Having a hard time getting back in the swing of things. Not much into working. Also, after a week of getting up at 6:00 am and going to bed at 9:00 pm dead dog tired is an easy habit to get into and a difficult one to get rid of. I start twiddling thumbs at 8 looking for something to do.

Renovations continue. I'm ready for it to be done. They're starting to get a little careless. The painter fell off the ladder and the ladder hit the tub putting a nice crack in the thing. It's acrylic, so it should be fixable. But today I found a big long gouge in the side of my brand new, not even plugged in $1500 stainless steel fridge. I am very unhappy about that. I don't think it can be fixed. The only plus is that it's on the side against the wall, so it will never be seen. Still ...

Attention Boston Infidels:

Apparently Shakespeare on the Common has been cut back by 2/3. It's this week only! Any interest?

Also saw this cruise mentioned. $25. Thur Aug 16. Pietasters! Woo!

< Reasons to be not cheerful | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Ooh, I'm on telly | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Our kitchen renovations are at a standstill by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #1 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 11:14:45 AM EST
we still have wallpaper half peeled off, and an unfinished patched hole in the ceiling. I must pester those lazy workers.

Shakespeare by aethucyn (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 01:57:54 PM EST
I could be persuaded, though I feel kind of meh towards Midsummer Night's Dream.

One of these days ... by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 03:35:09 PM EST
I'd like to do Shakespeare on the Common, but for Midsummer Night's Dream, I don't think anything can beat seeing it performed in Czech, in this park where scene changes involved everyone moving to a different spot, and during one scene of which the actors splashed through a fountain and flicked water all over the audience with their stockings. So maybe another year ...

Sounds like your contactors are ready to be finished, too. Hopefully they'll actually, er, finish before they're finished.

"If a tree is impetuous in the woods, does it make a sound?" -- aethucyn

Or... by ana (4.00 / 3) #4 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 04:27:32 PM EST
the at the ART, one of our first dates, with faries ex machina.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

You should have a serious talk with your agent by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 05:06:31 PM EST

I mean, no lines? Do you still get scale for that? Check into whoever represents that Phife Dawg fella, there!

Also, I highly suggest working on a completely fake voice (work on it in private, so it's a surprise) that you can speak in to throw all the other contestants off their game, thus ensuring debate victory. Then again, I may be misinterpreting the nature of the show. Everything's combat these days. It's the war, it's got us all thinking crazy!

Young man by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #6 Wed Jul 25, 2007 at 06:15:41 AM EST
GET OFF THAT TELLY BEFORE YOU BREAK IT!

Yo by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Jul 25, 2007 at 06:51:58 AM EST
Can you hook me up with Nicole Johnson?

Also - what's up with the generic green napkin "coasters" on the faux wood table?

Also redux - dude - you might want to check your nose next time you're on TV. Just saying.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Why? by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jul 25, 2007 at 07:12:07 AM EST
Did I get it on backwards?

Ooh, I'm on telly | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback