Print Story Ask Husi: Cooking and seduction
Food
By squigs (Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:16:32 AM EST) (all tags)
On another forum, someone mentioned that knowing how to cook was an excellent way to pick up women.

Has anyone actually found this to be the case?

The thing is, while a lot of my female friends are quite impressed with my cullinary skillz, normally if they've come to experience my cooking I'm already pretty certain that they probably like me anyway.  Either that ot I've known them for so long, we're probably in the friends zone.

Getting a takeaway probably isn't going to be a deal breaker at that stage.

So, most of you lot are kitchen geniuses, many at a level way above my meager skills.  Has the ability to cook ever got you any action?

< Cynicism. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Ask Husi: Cooking and seduction | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yep by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:22:08 AM EST
Bringing various dishes to pot lucks has, indirectly, gotten me laid.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Impressive by squigs (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:56:41 AM EST
I can't say I've ever been to such an event, but on the off-chance that I do ever, have you any recommendations for what works well?

First, it has to survive being transported by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 07:12:23 AM EST
Then it either has to be served at room temperature, or survive reheating. Casseroles work well. A green bean casserole works quite well. You can make it very good if you put a little effort into it.

Desserts also work well. Pound cake is a perennial favorite. Chocolate chip cookies are good, but can be chancy. What if you've cooked them crisp, and she prefers chewy?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Now see... by ShadowNode (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 03:17:37 PM EST
I bet I could purchase something of the sort and put it in my own container for far less effort.

That doesn't work. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue Jun 05, 2007 at 02:50:27 AM EST
They know when it's not homemade.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I don't know why by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 09:16:52 AM EST
But when I read this I keep thinking of you nailing The Church Lady.

I'm so sorry.

Gedvondur
"Well, one of the two girls I'm friendly with out here is a Christian and she wouldn't do the things I want to do." --Sapphire

HaHaHa...HoHoHo...<gasp> by Phage (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:22:22 AM EST
You are aware that you are posting that question to an internet forum ?

One does not have to be a culinery genius by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:29:38 AM EST
Being a man and willing to exercise culinery skills beyond a barbecue sets you apart from mere male mortals in the eyes of the opposite sex.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
too true, Mrs. Ha thinks I'm a god by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:41:16 AM EST
who can ceaselessly and tirelessly fulfill her every need and want, including cooking 6 nights a week.

Only six??!? by blixco (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Jun 05, 2007 at 12:57:17 AM EST
Slacker.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Well, I can't say by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:31:33 AM EST
That it has DIRECTLY lead to getting my pencil sharpened, but I know women appreciate the effort.

I know one of the easiest ways I can make my wife happy is to cook.  I probably make about half of our meals.

Gedvondur

yes. yes it has. by clock (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:33:42 AM EST
inviting a woman over for dinner or making something at random at her place has indeed helped seal the deal.

but put that aside...what it really does is keep them around and coming back for more.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

IAWTP by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 07:38:22 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

My grilled cheese by me0w (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:39:43 AM EST
Got me some action from a wonderful woman.

short answer: no. [nt] by BlueOregon (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:42:31 AM EST

No by theboz (4.00 / 3) #9 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:51:32 AM EST
Actually, using your hands to pick up women is a lot easier. If they are rather obese, a forklift might come in handy.
- - - - -
Yes by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 06:52:50 AM EST
the first time a dude I was dating cooked dinner for me, I was all over that.

no by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 08:31:41 AM EST
it hasn't. but then, not much has.

Yes, of course. by komet (4.00 / 3) #16 Mon Jun 04, 2007 at 11:59:07 AM EST
Where "knowing how to cook" implies "knowing which spices to use to cover the taste of GHB".

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
It can help by blixco (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Jun 05, 2007 at 12:56:17 AM EST
seal the deal, so to speak.  Unless you're trained in cuisine from some fancy school and you work as an executive chef, but then you don't have time for chicks.

But yeah.  It helps.