Print Story Now, Number 2 Practiced the Snake Style
...and then they roll back into their holes.

If I ever leave you 'lone...

Poll: We Pledge Endust Legions

Walking to the store tonight, I was struck by the futility. Which is to say the new GMC Futility Vehicle... known as the "Ludicrosity". It has a certain air of elitist nature, but in reality each one of us drove one.

I could see them on the street, puttering in these huge mental beasts... HONK HONK... one side ladies and gentlemen... step lively.

And there's that Laundromat on Dale. The building is far older than any memory which has been personally passed to me from lips which, when connected to eyes, conceived initially the aspects of their time. I wonder how many others have walked by it. I wonder whose hands built it. I wonder whose, if any, will tear it down.

It doesn't matter, as this is the matter of madmen, preferring to disparate themselves from themselves and idly wondering without interacting. It's just too tough these days.

I'm that guy, now, it seems. The one that will watch the accident but not help because he cannot be bothered to be emotionally involved. Because it's too close. Because it will haunt me enough just watching. Because I'm faultily wired. For years I tried to fix this, but, I suspect, that it is my defining characteristic.

I suspect, that without it, je ne suis rien. Then, I remember, that I am not anyway.. and that's comforting, in a way.

Regardless, my footsteps leave nothing, and it's a mixed bag.

Spider is half-right anyway:

"..and I remember saying, hold everything right fucking there. You went to all the trouble of conceiving me, and giving birth to me, and raising me and feeding me and clothing me and all-- and yeah, whipping me from time to time..."
"and what I've got to look forward to is my body breaking and something flipping off the switch in my head--"
"I was not having this, this was not fair."
"I was unthrilled to say the least."

This means, of course.. that he is also half-wrong.

It's that very nature that makes and breaks us all at once. Tearing into our own little made-up worlds and beating us down.

I would've thought by now I'd be over this... but, I fear, I have/will become one of those oddities people talk about... in a mixture of intrigue and laughter.. a flawed consistently falling boy. Like Van Gogh but without the genius.

Fuck it. Life's too short.

-Q

< Crowd-surfing? Crowd-ploughing | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Now, Number 2 Practiced the Snake Style | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
i'se a muggin' by clock (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 06:02:01 PM EST
a la django, i hope...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

well duh... by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 06:04:20 PM EST
I mean.. I haven't changed THAT much.

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

I dunno, by blixco (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 06:52:14 PM EST
life may be just right.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I would have to ask then by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 07:00:37 AM EST
just whose life are you living?

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

Goldilocks' by mrgoat (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:41:23 AM EST

--top hat--
Well... shit by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:51:48 AM EST

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

Can't fix what's not broke by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 06:56:22 PM EST

Flawed, but awesome. Awesome overrides everything. Like rancid sri racha.

Seriously, it's exactly like that. Metaphorically.

I've been looking for some awesome by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 07:02:50 AM EST
but every time I go to the store they're out of it.

That stir fry is never going to be the same without awesome sprayed all over it.

Wait.. are we still in a metaphor? Hell... I think I'm lost.

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

It's like we're moving into similie instead by mrgoat (4.00 / 2) #12 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:43:41 AM EST
Besides, what's being meta, for, if not awesome in a can?

--top hat--
New Item for sale at J-List by MisterQueue (4.00 / 2) #14 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:53:47 AM EST
SUPER META AWESOME CAN!: Will fulfill dreams and make for happy funtime yay! Also, cocks!

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

No moneys down! by mrgoat (4.00 / 2) #15 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 09:54:36 AM EST
Awesome met a can, Cocks in the morning, dreams in the funtime always six days a week! Full!

--top hat--
Hey Queue-- by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #5 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 07:58:46 PM EST
Remember that time you and the wife went to Tijuana and the two of you dropped acid, then you shot her when you thought she turned into a giant bug?

That was fucking awesome.

What happens in Tangiers.... by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 06:59:55 AM EST
Look... just to set the record straight we were playing William Tell....

My aim is not what it used to be.

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

I just finished hemming some pants. by me0w (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 07:28:36 AM EST
Poked my fingers with pins. It didn't hurt though. Touching the hot iron hurt though.

That's odd by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 08:13:10 AM EST
I just finished taking off my pants....

There was no hot iron involved though.

Unless by hot iron you mean HOT IRON ROD!

By which, of course, I mean a large hunk of iron that was sitting in the fireplace which I then used to brand all the cats in the neighborhood with the letter Q.

Let this be a lesson to you, never go around branding cats without pants.. the cops seem to frown on it.

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

Lessons by me0w (4.00 / 1) #16 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 10:19:04 AM EST
What about hemming legs while wearing cats? What would the police think of that?

They don't mind. by mrgoat (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 10:28:15 AM EST
The cats however, are a little scratchy.

and hard to keep on.

--top hat--

They'd probably cuff 'em. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 10:28:43 AM EST
ELL OH ELL.

endust ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 11:36:13 AM EST
moving onto running your own molly maid franchise ? Like those french maid outfits, don'tchya ?

Man I would look like hell in those outfits. by MisterQueue (4.00 / 1) #22 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 12:23:32 PM EST
Like HELL.

However... if I could convince nubile lasses... hrm...

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

like van gogh by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 12:06:01 PM EST
but hopefully still with both ears.
---------
More Like Van GOUGE by MisterQueue (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 12:22:56 PM EST
Right guys? Right? AM I RIGHT?!

-Q
--------------
It shone, pale as bone,
As I stood there alone.

nope by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #23 Wed Jun 13, 2007 at 12:25:23 PM EST
i think you're left.

yeah, um...me and my terrible jokes will go over here now...
---------