Print Story Bastard Blizzard
Games
By anonimouse (Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 07:29:57 AM EST) (all tags)
After my recent diary bragging how clever I was in terms of World Of Warcraft Trading....

I didn't read the changes after the latest upgrade, and established major positions in certain items, so I could resell them at vastly inflated prices.

I didn't notice that Blizzard had VASTLY increased drop rate of said items, causing anonimouses planned price fixing to fall very flat as new product hit the auctions.

Cost of above : over 300g
Lesson learned: priceless

< more questions re SF | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Bastard Blizzard | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
So, you're a scalper? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 10:12:33 AM EST
Correction; a failed scalper?

Calculated risk by Ranieri (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 12:17:47 PM EST
I bet he made that amount many times over in his career thus far, this is just a minor setback. Things like these are bound to happen, especialy since the tweaks to drop rates are usually not advertised.

Just ask anyone who had perfect black diamonds in the bank before the 1.10 patch.

Especially because by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 01:57:50 PM EST
everything anonimouse posts just oozes with the thrall of a rare and distinguished intellect.

Getting ahead on the WoW marketplace is easy by ShadowNode (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 08:33:27 PM EST
Since 90% of the participants can barely spell their own names.

Ssshhh! by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 09:31:26 PM EST
I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell "anonymous"...

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
All I can say is by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 02:02:12 AM EST
everyone does keep coming back for more :-)

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
scalper is a bit crude by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 09:31:37 PM EST
I prefer to say I am a market trader.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Huh. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jun 12, 2007 at 07:48:31 PM EST
That's what the guys, who crush the bubbles of the variant figure packages and walk out of the shop, say.

Bastard Blizzard | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback