Print Story best way to remember a beloved pet
Family
By muchagecko (Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:00:55 AM EST) dead pig (all tags)
I'm looking for suggestions.

Po's death was a hard hit. It probably didn't help that I yelled "Po's dead" at 5:45 this morning.

Po and Guinness eating peppers.

Po's the fluffy one behind Guinness the pig with a mohawk.

Waking up to a dead friend is hard. The girl cried, the boy fussed for a few minutes then moved on.

So what's the best way to handle the death of a beloved pet?

< on contact | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
best way to remember a beloved pet | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Missing poll option: by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #1 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:13:19 AM EST
  • Cremation.
  • No. Seriously. Never nice to lose a fellow creature. Although I'm kind of jaded after so many farm dogs who end up flattened on the highway every few years.

My condolences to your kids.

We dig a hole in the backyard by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #2 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:16:34 AM EST
    and have a five minute ceremony, that's what the cats got.

Of course, I'm an ordained minister, so YMMV.

Wipo by wiredog (4.00 / 4) #3 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:24:11 AM EST
    "Woo Hoo! Stir Fry for dinner!"

I'm going to burn in hell...

Earth First!
    (We can strip mine the rest later.)

I was going to suggest by anonimouse (4.00 / 3) #4 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:34:18 AM EST
    Kebab

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
    Cut it right, by mrgoat (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 03:27:44 PM EST
    And you got medallions.

--top hat--
    What I would do by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 08:42:23 AM EST
    I would gut him then stuff him with all the dead snails (kill two birds with one stone!) and nail him over a door frame for good luck.

At least that's what my family used to always do.

Warmest regards,
    --Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Burial, with little fuss. by toxicfur (4.00 / 4) #6 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 09:23:53 AM EST
    Followed by family time, where everyone shares favorite stories of the missed pet. Then, continue to tell stories beyond the "formal" part. That's what my mom did for my brothers and me when our pets died, and it's what I've done as an adult when I've lost pets. My condolences to you and to your kids - it's never easy.
    -----
    inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye
    a friend of mine... by clock (4.00 / 3) #7 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 09:30:53 AM EST
    ...had the ashes of her bird mixed up and blown into a glass x-mas tree ornament.

then she did the same with her mother's ashes.

issues.

nevermind.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Once upon a time by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #13 Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 05:07:07 AM EST
    I had the ashes of my bird blown into a glass ornament.

Police never did find the body....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
    Condolences. by ana (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 10:37:48 AM EST
    I think burial with not much fuss is the right thing to do. And don't stop talking about the pet. Everybody will have stories.

It's hard.

We should bury the ashes of Teh Dawg one of these days, under the patio where the barbecue sits (which was her favorite place in the universe, and her chain didn't quite reach, thank heavens).

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

A suggestion by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #9 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 12:37:07 PM EST
    Make a diamond

Holy moley! by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 01:09:50 PM EST
    Starting at $2,699!!!

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
    I feel for you, kiddo. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 2) #12 Fri Jun 01, 2007 at 04:38:58 PM EST
    You and the whole MG clan.

That was an explosion of hair on that beast. What a cool lookin' critter. He looked like some wee rodent version of the wizard from Dragonslayer. Or a mini-Teen-Wolf.

Did they know a Martian tripod was sneaking up behind them? They were remarkably cool customers if they did.

Po was a coronet. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Jun 11, 2007 at 11:02:27 AM EST
    I didn't realize there were so many varieties of guinea pigs.

As for playing things cool - Po was Felix and Guinness was Oscar. Po chirped all the time. Guinness hasn't chirped at all in the last week.

Funny that the bag of green peppers looks alien.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.