Print Story A little advice/help?
Internet
By CountSpatula (Mon May 28, 2007 at 11:12:46 AM EST) theatre, websites, frustration (all tags)
Hey everyone.  I've been named technical director for my theatrical group, Pegasus Players, and have been given the task of making the website look something other than that horrible crap.  However, the situation stands that I know only the basics of website stuff, and would like some advice or help on getting it looking 1337 enough for my director/president.

Could there be someone on here that would either give me advice on how to learn (rather quickly) how to put together a decently workable site, or would be willing to donate their time to make it so?

We're a 501(c)3 non-profit organisation, therefore if you require compensation for your time, you can make it a tax write-off thingy.  We can send you a letter (on official letterhead) acknowledging your contribution, which is sufficent enough for the IRS.

Even just contributions of links to perferably freeware site builders would be good.  I've googled it, but I just can't seem to be able to find one that will do all the stuff I want to do to the site, and in an easy enough manner so I can just get this thing up and running in a short period of time.  Certainly, I'm now going to have to learn more, but the new site must go up as soon as possible.

< Subways and movies | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
A little advice/help? | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
if you want it... by ana (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon May 28, 2007 at 11:24:52 AM EST
i can rotate you a copy of the source for our choir website, of which i am, for now, the keeper.

i like your little flying horsie. :-)

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Hey, great! by CountSpatula (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue May 29, 2007 at 04:53:35 AM EST
That would certainly help.  That site looks pretty damn good, if I might add.  One thing I'm going to have to get to know pretty quick is how to add columns and tables, because my artistic director has a design he has made with a photo editor, and my task is to take that design and turn it into a webpage.

Organics.
"I've never been more afraid of a diary comment EVAR." - RapidHamster
Check your PM by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue May 29, 2007 at 05:28:21 AM EST
nuthin further here.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

If you're just looking for a prebuilt design by Greener (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon May 28, 2007 at 02:05:34 PM EST
Open Source Web Design may be good start. If you're trying to keep things free or cheap, try NVU for WYSIWYG editing to add your content.

I thought I could steal some ideas by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue May 29, 2007 at 05:54:37 AM EST
for you from the Purple Rose Theatre Company but their website is not as nice I thought it would be.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
A little advice/help? | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback