Print Story Putting the bo in Boston
By ana (Fri May 25, 2007 at 08:44:17 AM EST) bo-bad, music, attention boston infidels (all tags)
Attention etc.

Couple things to announce. See also the forthcoming boiary.

Lunch (and dinner) with BlueOregon, who'll be visiting Bostonia Friday, 1 June 2007. Dunno where yet, but chime in if you're interested. Not recommended for those whose stomach turns at the drop of a pun.

Also, the Choir of the Church of the Advent1 is giving a free concert the evening of 1 June at 8pm, featuring the music of Hieronymus Praetorius for two choirs. If anybody wants to come to that, perhaps we can make a dinner-with-bo followed by obscure-antique-German-art evening of it. The poster/announcement is at the bottom of this page.

1(not to be confused with the Parish Choir of the Church of the Advent, which contains me)

< Side effects include nausea, loose bowels | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Putting the bo in Boston | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Durn it by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 25, 2007 at 10:28:42 AM EST
I really need to get a job in Beantown.

---------------
Well, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri May 25, 2007 at 11:09:08 AM EST
damn.  Wish I could join ya, but odds are I'll still be in Austin installing Exchange over a borked AD schema.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
the mighty mighty bo's tones ... by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri May 25, 2007 at 11:23:16 AM EST
I would love to join, though I can't promise anything for sure since my new boss seems to have booked huge swaths of my time already (training, training, training ...) and even if my Outlook calendar isn't full, I wonder if it might be a good idea to actually spend some time with my co-workers so I'm more than just a rumor to them.

Would likewise love to do dinner, but D and I have plans to head north for the weekend (but whether the weekend starts on Friday eve or the following day is as yet unclear).

Summary: I want to know what plans y'all end up making, but I won't meddle too much in the planning since I can't guarantee being there. Will try my best to make it to some kind of something, though (dinner seems more likely).

"If a tree is impetuous in the woods, does it make a sound?" -- aethucyn

Perhaps by ana (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 25, 2007 at 11:57:21 AM EST
we can start the evening's fun watching Kellnerin catch the train. ;-)

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

I'm in for the evening. by aethucyn (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 25, 2007 at 02:08:49 PM EST
All my moving should be taking place the day before, but will be doing the usual grind, so you know the drill, I hit Park Street shortly before 6, and points in Cambridge shortly thereafter. I am pretty much game for anything, though I'll admit that I'd probably enjoy an alcoholic beverage, and while some enlightening music would not be amiss, I wouldn't want to stress too much commitment to it.

Putting the bo in Boston | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback