Print Story Side effects include nausea, loose bowels
Health
By georgeha (Fri May 25, 2007 at 07:51:03 AM EST) hexity goodness, the brown note, the blue note (all tags)
and skin and sweat turning orange. But alcohol is not contraindicated, WOOT!

Plus, pretty good for a double jointed old man, ATTN LEO of the parking enforcement sort, first download, long weekend, crushed box sale and less!

RePoll: Memorial Day plans?

Last night the tractor trailer driver on our street parked in front of our house, on the wrong side for the day (Mrs. Ha and I wonder if he has another vehicle, does he take his rig out on dates?). I wondered what would happen if the parking enforcement came by, the thing is so big you'd need a step ladder to stick a ticket under the windshield wipers, do they carry step ladders in the trunk of their cruisers?

In other LEO news, I think they were doing seat belt checks on the way home, at one intersection each on ramp had two cruisers with lights on, and a handful of people pulled over. That's the big crime in this suburb, seat belt use.

In other parking enforcement news, when I invent my variable gravity device, one of my first uses will be to park in a tow away zone, and dial it up to 10 tons. Yucks!!!

I'm so proud of ten year old, she downloaded her first song yesterday. I need to ask her how she did it, it may even have been legal.

Avalanche Press is having a crushed box sale on PG: Eastern Front, over half off. I wavered back and forth all day, and decided to buy it. I passed on buying extra games I don't have the time to play, but I can always squeeze in a game of PG. Shipping was a killer, though.

Yesterday was my long awaited visit with a rheumatologist. It was mostly good news, for someone with 15+ years of ankylosing spondylitis I still have a lot of flexibility, I can still touch my palms to the floor bending over, and I haven't lost a lot of bone. He's calling my current condition peripheral arthritis, a peripheral manifestation of AS. He gave me a new med, too, sulfasalazine, with a few side effects. I may need a new wardrobe if I turn orange.

Last night we went to an exhibition for a local neighborhood youth group, some dancing and a few jazz chestnuts. In keeping with the meme of Rochester being a small town, we ran into a few parents of kids in five year old's class.

This weekend is a long one thanks to Memorial Day, where we memorialize something, the war dead IIRC. In between washing all my whites and polishing up the white bucks, I want to put a screen door on the back door, get my bike running, and make baked beans. I ay do more things, too, but I won't mention them for my faint hearted readers sake, what I've already mentioned is nearly too exciting to bear.

< Question | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Side effects include nausea, loose bowels | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Beware of the Children by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 25, 2007 at 07:58:15 AM EST
No matter how technically advanced you are, your children will surpass you.

My six year old plays World of Warcraft1, browses the web and downloads games and music, and thought it would be fun to change my windows passwords....

1. anonimouse trades in the game, he spends it

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
That's why my home PC stays in Lunix by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri May 25, 2007 at 07:59:52 AM EST
it has the power to repel wives, daughters and other wimmin sorts.

not all of them... by clock (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri May 25, 2007 at 03:04:29 PM EST
...though i have yet to give up root on my 1337 debian box (she does aix and slowlaris...i don't want her f'n up my stuff).

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

That reminds me: by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 25, 2007 at 09:03:16 AM EST
I've got to convert all the kids downloaded mp4s to mp3s so they can put them on their rather old mp3 players.

My weekend looks busy, but that's just because I have to do a bunch of the prep work for spoiled bitch step-daughters graduation party on Monday. I'm thinking I might go out for a long drive while that's going on. After all, what's msrat going to do to me if I do?

I thought mp4 was video, ala divx by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 25, 2007 at 09:06:51 AM EST

Container. Pick what you want to put in it. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri May 25, 2007 at 09:34:22 AM EST
iTunes (I think that's where they got them, since the file extension is actually m4a) uses it for audio as well.

On Candid Camera once by ana (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri May 25, 2007 at 09:18:43 AM EST
they did a segment where a little old lady had a big suitcase which she parked on a metal plate in the sidewalk. The suitcase had an electromagnet in it. She'd try to lift it into the trunk of a car, have some difficulty, and ask for help from big, strapping, male, passersby.

When they'd stop to help, she'd turn on the electromagnet, rendering it impossible to budge the suitcase from the sidewalk.

"Come on, it's not that heavy," she'd say, demonstrating.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Prior Art! There goes my patent by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 25, 2007 at 09:21:16 AM EST

ankylosing spondylitis by doggerel (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 25, 2007 at 10:26:54 AM EST
by gf's got that.

that is all.

the gf needs a husi account by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri May 25, 2007 at 10:50:56 AM EST
so we can talk about arthritis meds

no, no. no. no. by doggerel (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri May 25, 2007 at 12:31:30 PM EST
i'm pretty sure she's seen my bad mouthing her on k5.  I ain't tellin no one I'm here.

also, she takes no meds and such.  she just bitches a lot.

yes right by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri May 25, 2007 at 01:50:48 PM EST
this is not a holiday for the still living soldier.  Honoring the war dead is Memorial Day.  Living soldiers have two other holidays.  Sorry I get carried away.

Also damn don't they just grow up so fast!  Next she'll be downloading PHP and coding the next mySpace.

Click

Seatbelt use is not to be taken lightly; by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri May 25, 2007 at 04:35:05 PM EST

it is, after all, a gateway drug.

I don't wear a seatbelt on my favorite vehicle by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #14 Fri May 25, 2007 at 04:55:44 PM EST
I haven't used a Gateway in years.