Print Story anniversary 2.0
By ana (Tue May 22, 2007 at 03:37:32 PM EST) anniversary (all tags)
was fun.

So, two years ago yesterday, my beloved toxicfur and i stood at the altar, making promises we fully intend to keep.

And then we fed each other cake, which was quite yummy.

So yesterday after work (we came home early), we went out shopping for a new mattress. We've been needing one for a while now, and it seemed a nice us-gift to each other. So we'll have a select comfort bed one of these days.

And then to Duck Walk, a remarkably nice Thai restaurant in whitebread suburbia, next town over. I had the curried duck and toxicfur had tamarind fish. We pigged out way too much, and still brought home another meal's worth of food. So there was a lot of nothing much further that night.

I'm quite sure i'm the luckiest person in the world.

< attention canadian infidels | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
anniversary 2.0 | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Uh-uh. by toxicfur (4.00 / 3) #1 Tue May 22, 2007 at 03:41:33 PM EST
I'm quite sure i'm the luckiest person in the world.

Nope. Wrong. Utterly impossible.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye

uh-huh by ana (4.00 / 3) #2 Tue May 22, 2007 at 03:44:30 PM EST
no possible way anybody's luckier than i am. Perhaps equally lucky.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

i dunno.... by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 3) #3 Tue May 22, 2007 at 03:58:58 PM EST
i feel pretty lucky too...
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Two YEARS!!! by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #4 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:15:16 PM EST
Holy cow.

Oh, and by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #5 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:15:47 PM EST
Happy Anniversary.

thx! by ana (4.00 / 2) #7 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:30:56 PM EST
and yeah, how the time flies.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Wrong! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:23:09 PM EST
I am the luckiest person on Earth! But you're a close second. :P

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

perhaps... by ana (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:31:42 PM EST
but i really don't think so.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

You know... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:42:58 PM EST
congrats! by clock (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:34:46 PM EST
i, for one, am so very happy for the collective you.  rock. on!

and all of you can take your lucky little selves elsewhere.  as long as i'm breathing, i am the luckiest man who ever lived.  i'm sorry, but that's fact.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

you might by ana (4.00 / 2) #10 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:37:25 PM EST
actually have a case for that. Thanks for the congrats, and back atcha.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

btw... by clock (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed May 23, 2007 at 04:20:28 AM EST
...a new bed is a gift that keeps on giving.  we got to a point with ours where we couldn't sit on it while getting dressed in the morning.  it has that kind of power.

speaking of...i should go grab a nap.  just cuz.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Yeah. by ana (4.00 / 1) #23 Wed May 23, 2007 at 04:36:06 AM EST
We have a couple of 10- or 15-year old beds, neither of which can be slept in without that morning stiffness. We're hopeful a new one (with adjustible firmness, at that) will help fix all that.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

and congratulations here too by R343L (4.00 / 2) #12 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:48:31 PM EST
And now I want Thai food again. AGAIN.

Rachael

thx. by ana (4.00 / 2) #15 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:57:40 PM EST
the tamarind duck. you know you want it.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Happy 2nd by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:51:10 PM EST
and a month of May that wasn't all rain this year!

"If a tree is impetuous in the woods, does it make a sound?" -- aethucyn
thanks! by ana (4.00 / 3) #14 Tue May 22, 2007 at 04:54:34 PM EST
as I recall, it rained then, too.

It was not ironic.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Happy second of many. by blixco (4.00 / 8) #16 Tue May 22, 2007 at 06:07:17 PM EST
It's so cute I kind of want to look away.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Congrat ana and toxicfur by cam (4.00 / 2) #17 Wed May 23, 2007 at 02:02:16 AM EST
Time goes fast enough that I am kind of surprised it is only your second, seems like ages since you got married.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

You're lucky, he's lucky, I'm lucky, by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed May 23, 2007 at 02:53:34 AM EST
We're all lucky!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I feel lucky by johnny (4.00 / 4) #19 Wed May 23, 2007 at 02:54:54 AM EST
because I was there to witness. I liked the dinner the night before at iGrrl's place (where Dear Wife and I stayed for 2 nights (before & after wedding), & where I met toxifur's brother the boy-cop and ana's friend the Episcopalian cleric & where I saw Cheesburger's large scale artwork & was suitably awestruck, & where I had two breakfasts with impossibly cute iGrrl offspring K & MJ); I liked the church & service, and, at reception, meeting so many exotic interesting people--most notably Kellnerin's mysterious "D"; I remember a long walk afterwards in the rain with Dear Wife and ad hoc. But what I most fondly recall (sorry to tell tales), was seeing toxicfur out in the courtyard before the ceremony, radiant in that special radiant way that brides so often have, copping a smoke. I felt kind of voyeuristic, I have to admit, but she just looked so nervous and beautiful, it was a scene to be savored. (But after 15 seconds or so my sense of guilty voyeurism overcame me and I turned away. . .)

That reminded me of my own nervous pacing, 24 years earlier, before I did that wedding-vow thing.

It was a beautiful ceremony cementing a beautiful mutual discovery.  Congrats.
... this is dreamworld after all... it isn't? Shit.

I'm... by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed May 23, 2007 at 03:40:02 AM EST
..just hoping to Get Lucky

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
congrats! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #21 Wed May 23, 2007 at 03:57:11 AM EST

Belated by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #24 Wed May 23, 2007 at 11:47:07 AM EST
As usual, I'm late.

Yay for you.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

aww, thanks. by ana (2.00 / 0) #25 Wed May 23, 2007 at 12:00:21 PM EST
and apologies for posting the pic of you without permission (even if it really is tiny).

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky