Print Story A dead cat is not a lolcat
Love
By doggerel (Thu May 17, 2007 at 07:01:54 AM EST) kitty, vet, snip, cut, cry (all tags)
My poor little baby is getting spayed today.  She was supposed to be a couple months ago, but she had lost a half pound since her initial shots.  On a six pound cat that's not insignificant, and so the vet suggested we reschedule after making sure she isn't like dying or something.

So I scheduled the visit on Tuesday.  I would drop the cat off at the vet today between 7:50 and 8:30 and go to work and be a little late.  Yesterday I was told I urgently needed to be at work at 8am sharp, since the other unix sysadmin would be out.  It wasn't until during American Idol last night that I realized this totally fucked with the cat off dropping.

(The last time I was told to be at work promptly, I kinda didn't do it, and shit crashed and I wasn't there and all sorts of terrible things happened.  I brought great shame to my department.  And had part of my ass gnawed.)

So I informed the live-in girlfriend of the situation, and we decided that she'd drive me to work then take the kitty to the vet.  This worried me because she's even less punctual than me and quite zombie like in the morning.

But anywho morning comes, and around 6:30 she tells me she has no clean undergarments.  But she actually did, but then a fucking bra strap broke, and I had to MacGruber it together with some wire from an electronics kit I got back in college.

Then I got to work at 8:02 and nothing was broken.

And everything is fine except my poor baby is still be butchered apart.

< a quick itinerary of now and the immediate temporal vicinity | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
A dead cat is not a lolcat | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I hope gf took the bra off by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu May 17, 2007 at 07:05:25 AM EST
before you got out the soldering iron.

I hope the cat does well.

the cat didn't die during surgery by doggerel (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 17, 2007 at 12:21:50 PM EST
So most people would take that as everything went fine.  If the cat could talk (or even write) then she could get whatever she wanted from me.  I just feel weird about having her butchered.  If I believed in God i'd talk about him not making mistakes, and what's wrong with his plan, etc, etc.

I dunno, just.....MY POOR KITTY!!!!!!!!

I'm a cat fag, what can I say.

Broken bra strap? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 17, 2007 at 11:19:34 AM EST
Is there something else that you're not telling us?

i'm not sure what i'm hiding by doggerel (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 17, 2007 at 12:17:35 PM EST
cross-dressing?  domestic abuse?  other?

Go ahead, you can tell us. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu May 17, 2007 at 05:50:58 PM EST
You're among friends here.

fine! by doggerel (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri May 18, 2007 at 05:09:08 AM EST
i wear my girlfriend's unmentionables and when she questions me I hit her.  Hard.  In the face.  Twice.  And a half.

Now, wasn't that cathartic? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri May 18, 2007 at 05:11:57 AM EST

A dead cat is not a lolcat | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback