- Strange dream last night, some bizarre collage of scenes from David Lynch's film "Wild at Heart" No real point, I guess. Though I haven't seen nor thought of that film for years. Sounds like Dell's more'n just a little confused, Peanut
- Also happened to stumble into a vivid memory today, too. It was autumn, and a break period at school spent trying to catch the winged Sycamore seeds as the wind blew them from the trees and over the playing grounds. An otherwise unremarkable recollection except for the fact that it was over a quarter of a century ago. I don't recall ever being able to remember that far back in such detail before, so it sets a new record. A co-worker celebrated his 25th birthday over the weekend, so being able to remember things so vividly back for longer than his meagre lifespan adds weight to my old git credentials.
- Managed to get some tracks down over the weekend. Pretty pleased with one of them on Sunday; a six minute off-kilter meander through some grim subject material, set against a backdrop of stuttered time signatures, taking up eight tracks for the guitars. Best thing I've written/recorded in a few months I'd say.
- Also reviewed the musical plans for the rest of 2007; somewhat extravagant and optimistic, wondering where I'm going to find the time around the two jobs, though still reckon one of those will disappear in the run up to Christmas. No band jam so far this week, for unknown (well, uncommunicated) reasons - hopefully it will just be rescheduled. No luck finding a capable guitarist/multi-instrumentalist sans ego. They do exist, right?
- I'm both fascinated and repulsed by IMVU. I don't know why.
- Doing pretty well on the eat-no-sweets-no-crisps-drink-no-fizzy-pop-and-cycle-to-work-during-May-and-beyond plan. Two weeks and counting. No noticeable improvement in weight (nor volume) though everything else seems to be in good working order.
- Maybe for a treat later I will go for a walk in the sunshine.
|< 2007.05.14: Every title needs a cylon | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|