Print Story house hunting
Family
By muchagecko (Mon May 14, 2007 at 05:27:22 AM EST) Mother's Day, house hunting (all tags)
The search begins.

On Saturday, we drove around the Eastside looking at places for rent. I'm pleasantly surprised that so many places are within my price range.

There's a cute little three bedroom, hardwood floors, and private yard that suits me perfectly. Only catch is that the place is available now, and I'm not going to be able to move until the end of next month. I'm considering putting an application in ($40.00 fee) anyway. How likely is a landlord going to wait a month for a tenant that looks good?

Craigslist has been the best source for rentals, so far.

This site has been a huge help in finding the best schools in the area. Right now we're in a 5-6 (out of 10) area. The cute house is in a 9-10 area. I'm passing on the 2-5 area completely.

Mother's day was ok. My daughter made a lovely card for me and my son brought home a marigold in a can with his picture on it. I think I was supposed to get something else from my daughter, but she "only got to go grocery shopping and to the toy store".

Only trouble I had was with someone that wasn't one of my kids.

< 9:41 | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
house hunting | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
hmm by webwench (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon May 14, 2007 at 08:37:40 AM EST
Tell us more.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Indeed by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon May 14, 2007 at 08:53:44 AM EST
I'm having trouble reading between the lines here, as it were.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

You two ^ need some new material. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:24:23 AM EST

I work in Seattle, by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:20:00 AM EST
and I live about an hour away. Gas prices and my sanity are pushing this move.

Some would claim that it's the mullet heads 'round here that are scaring me away. Not entirely true.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

once, for my dad's birthday by persimmon (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon May 14, 2007 at 08:42:04 AM EST
I glued a bunch of pieces of wallpaper samples to cleaned-out tomato can. It was kind of lame, I apologised, but I had done it all myself. I was maybe four; my dad still has it on his desk.

Our new landlady likes us so much she was willing to hold the place until 1 July. Apparently we clean up really well.
-----
"Nature is such a fucking plagarist."

that's awesome. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 14, 2007 at 09:24:47 AM EST
The wallpaper samples must have been extraordinary.

You two moving again? That's good news about her holding the place. I'm thinking of calling the agent again, he may have been more bluster than reality.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

depends on the landlord by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #7 Mon May 14, 2007 at 10:36:34 AM EST
most people I know who lease out homes would rather wait up to a month for a good tennant than get just anybody in as quickly as possible.

YMMV, of course.