Print Story Photo Monday: Blue Flowers
Photos
By stark (Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 12:08:53 AM EST) photos, photo of the day, blue (all tags)
Some rather nicely sun-dappled blue flowers (horticulturalists challenge - name that plant!) taken in Pitlochry, Scotland.

Blue Flowers
< Proof that theantix is a terrorist!!! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Monday: Blue Flowers | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Chionodoxa forbesii [Glory-of-the-snow] by yicky yacky (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 12:26:57 AM EST

[NT]

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Obviously not much of a challenge by stark (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 12:29:06 AM EST
I think I can get a recurring feature here, though...
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.
The web is too large. by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 12:38:23 AM EST

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Excellent! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 06:35:24 AM EST
My only minor criticism is that I'd have made sure there was a bit of unfocused foreground. Having the center of focus right on the bottom edge is disturbing to me with all that rich depth at the top. Of course, I don't know what environmental limitations you were dealing with. Beautiful color saturation and exposure!

Cheers by stark (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 07:04:41 AM EST
I take your point on the foreground; something I hadn't noticed before - all good feedback :-)

I might just try doing a bit of PS work on it to make it a little more blurred right at the bottom.

It's a nice set of colours; even my gf liked it!

Oh, and I hate you for being in Scotland. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 30, 2007 at 04:52:13 PM EST
Not really, but I want to go there too.

Photo Monday: Blue Flowers | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback