Print Story Title
By Herring (Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 01:07:41 AM EST) (all tags)
Intro

Why is St. George the patron saint of England? What's a mythical Palestinian bloke got to do with anything?

Slightly active weekend. Saturday, went for a wakeboard (as you do). Wore the shortie suit and, although it felt chilly out of the water, in the water it was fine. Second set, decided the wakeskate. Kath (Australian ladies champion) persuded me to try a pop-shuvit (essentially, ollie the board, then kick it around 180 degrees and land back on it). The first attempt, I landed well in front of the board. 2nd attempt I got the board around and landed on it! Sadly, I landed with both feet together to no balance and didn't stay up long. 3rd try, tripped over it and bashed my shins. Better luck next time.

Sunday, a mate of mine had a "spare" mountain bike (made of cast-iron with dodgy gears) so went for a little off-road action. It makes a nice change - particularly the no traffic thing. Did about 16 miles, not too quickly with a few hills then spoiled it all with a pub lunch.

Must do some road miles this week. Didn't get any in last week due to feeling crap. I was glad to hear today that I spread the lurgi around the office on Tuesday though so there were a load of other people off too.

Got work to do today. Ugh.

< Oh, man, now I have to buy myself a gameboy DS. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Title | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Due to the returning crusaders. by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:01:24 AM EST
At least, that's what my authoritative source (Wikipedia) says. But, yes, it seems stupid when there's a perfectly rich heritage to draw from locally.

Comment by alien zero (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:24:15 AM EST
I vote we adopt St. Bono.  Maybe it would piss him off.

Reasonable by Herring (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 02:36:49 AM EST
I have been trying to think of a way of making it funny and making it a poll (who should be patron saint of England). So far I've only got options like: St. Etienne or  St. Hubbins. Not enough to make a poll out of.

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)
Unreasonable by alien zero (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 12:54:49 PM EST
St. Gazza
St. Jeremy (Clarkson, Paxman, whoever)
St. Ali G
St. Jade
St. Floyd (as in Pink)
St. Ozzy

Taught D1 to ride a bike properly on Sunday by hulver (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 05:30:57 AM EST
We went around this place, which had a few people on the cable tow. They weren't doing much though, just going around in circles.

P.S. If you scroll left a bit, past the railway line, you'll see where I work. 5 minute bike ride from the cable tow. If I was into it I suppose I could go in my lunch hour.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

I need to get SB going properly on a bike by Herring (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 05:38:24 AM EST
I just haven't put the time in.

Cable isn't the best way to start off. Better to take a c ouple of boat lessons first. It's much cheaper though. That's a nice long lake they have there - do they run boat as well? Don't feel like elaborate googling at work.

No motor boats on that bit by hulver (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 05:46:18 AM EST
The lake further up is allowed jet ski's on it, not sure about boats.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
You work in a warehouse? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 06:21:36 AM EST
Or the building to the north of it?

Cue: dyslexic pimp joke [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 3) #8 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 06:29:29 AM EST

Yes by hulver (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Apr 23, 2007 at 11:48:05 AM EST