Print Story I am impatient at the best of times
Help!
By Cloaked User (Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:17:44 AM EST) (all tags)
This is not the best of times...

I'm not at all sure what to make of last night's date. She turned up late due to bus problems, but was apologetic and bought me a bar of chocolate on the way (something of an in joke, I had considered doing the same). Then she left after only a couple of hours to go see to a distraught friend with personal problems, which is something of a classic as far as exit ploys go. On the other hand, the date itself was good, and she  said that she had fun and apologised for leaving early, so who knows? She doesn't strike me as the sort who would shy away from actually saying "Look, no offence, but this just isn't working for me" if that was the case.

For my part, the general impression that she is cool has only been reinforced; add to that that she's rather attractive and I'd quite like to make this one work. Just have to see if we chat again tonight like we have the last few nights. I hate waiting. So, fingers crossed...

Meanwhile, I feel in need of a change. I suspect that this is mostly a reaction to the above uncertainty, but nevertheless change is required. My house is in desperate need of redecoration, my job is moving and I am increasingly unwilling to follow it, and I feel a desire to change myself too - at the very least I'd like to lose a little weight and tone up a bit. (I'm certainly not fat at a little over 11.5 stones and around 5'11", but I have grown a little soft and flabby) I feel a period of self-examination is in order, possibly leading to something of a life overhaul.

Or perhaps I'll just sit on my arse until the feeling passes; that would be more my style.

On the other hand, something definitely needs to be done, so tonight is DIY night. If I only get some of the painting done it'll be a start - the problem I have now is that there's so much to do it's overwhelming. Well, the only way to tackle a big job is to break it down in to lots of little jobs...

That's it, go vote in the poll -->

< Too many cakes, not enough veggies | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I am impatient at the best of times | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Wait and see by kwsNI (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:21:50 AM EST
I mean, it's a little early to be getting your hopes up and if it doesn't work out, better now than later.  There's certainly not enough info for us to guess if it's good or bad now, just wait it out.

See title of diary by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:30:52 AM EST
I know, it's far too early to tell, and to be honest if it hadn't been for that somewhat early exit I wouldn't be fretting at all. Even then in fact, it wasn't entirely disquieting until a friend offered her opinion that it was an exit ploy, that she'd done it before and hoped I had better luck next time.

Definitely better now than later if it is going to crash and burn, but that's the problem - I want to know now, not (maybe) later tonight! Hey, I did say I was impatient...

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Cripes ! by Phage (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:25:43 AM EST
You're asking an intaweb character about relationships ?

Oh don't be silly by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:36:56 AM EST
I'm hoping for a bunch of responses that are more positive than negative to act as a crutch¹. If I wanted advice I'd ask a friend.

1 Of course, I'm expecting a big fat 'you crashed and burned! Hahahahahah!' from you bunch of doom and gloom merchants

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Well, you didn't crash and burn by Phage (4.00 / 2) #8 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:52:44 AM EST
But no kiss either...
Damned if I know. If I had to take a punt, a hug, but no kiss sounds like 'friend' to me.

Yeah by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 07:02:02 AM EST
Pretty much what I'm thinking too to be honest. We seem to get on pretty well, but I suspect that that essential spark has been judged missing in action.

Ah well, we shall see. In the meantime, pointless over-analysis is what I do best!

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Phage is correct. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 08:04:21 AM EST
Friends Ladder. RUN.

Ladder schmadder by Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #15 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 09:21:01 AM EST
I've played enough platform games to know you can always jump from one ladder to another, you just need to time it right to miss whatever enemy is bobbing up and down between them. Easy.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
If that's the case, I recommend a huge tub of by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #5 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:38:45 AM EST
hot grits for the next date. You just have to convince her to get nekkid.

I'll handle 'petrified' myself (n/t) by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:41:47 AM EST

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
WIPO by sasquatchan (4.00 / 6) #7 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:48:52 AM EST
she's ready to put on the mortgage.

Quiet in front! (n/t) by Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 06:57:28 AM EST

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Ends in tears, always. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 07:12:52 AM EST
Ent! Eeeeee!

Doesn't everything in the end? by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 07:21:33 AM EST
But between now and then - oh, such possibilities!

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
Bah by DullTrev (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 08:01:54 AM EST

Your poll has left me with nothing to say.

DFJ?
I am a considerate diarist by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 09:21:34 AM EST
I make the obvious comments so you don't have to.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
It could be anything by debacle (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Apr 02, 2007 at 03:07:06 PM EST
But I know for sure that it's not TWO CHICKS AT ONCE.