Print Story The Wheels on the Car go . . .
Sex
By slozo (Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 03:21:41 AM EST) (all tags)
Back with my nose to the grindstone . . . a soft grindstone, filled with love and hope.

I am back into the morning grind of waking up earlier than the sun, driving an hour to work, sitting around doing random work tasks in between surfing, etc . . . then slogging home. The big difference is the warm hugs and kisses awaiting me when I arrive back, and it really does make it all worthwhile then, I tell ya. Listening to my wife tell me in exuberant fashion some new thing she discovered wipes away all the other worries I have, and makes me feel new, looking at things for the first time again. The wife is awesome, and she is getting through the big changes pretty well so far. The toughest thing has probably been the climate change, as Wuxi is very humid or damp depending on the temperature, rarely close to what we in southern Ontario would call "dry". She's had a few minor ailments related to this, but nothing too serious. I'm sure she will love our humid summers, but the biggest thing will be her first dry fall/winter.

The meet the wife party was strange . . . I mean, everyone had a great time, and there were a fair amount of people showing up, but not the ones I was expecting. A lot of my old bar co-workers/buds filled out the crowd, but there was a total no-show by the Husi crowd, which I have to say was disappointing. My close friends, the ones married with kids, didn't make it, predictably, and others were unfortunately absent due to understandable circumstances. Well, at any rate, we had a blast, and most importantly, YJ had a great time and made some new friends.

Now, I have to plan for a reception . . . which should happen sometime in mid summer, making it the third (and hopefully final!) wedding event for us. Crap, I really hate planning for shit like this, and am not excited about it at all, which is why I have been putting it off. Maybe this weekend I'll put something together . . .

Observation: I drive to work in half light, turning to sunrise.
Result: Driving to work is weirdly romantic, instead of broodingly gloomy.

Vote in the poll!

< And .... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
The Wheels on the Car go . . . | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I voted 8:30 by Phage (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 04:26:59 AM EST
But it's 8am if I skip the gym.
Sorry about not making it for the MTW party but my astral projector is in the garage for a service.

Don't worry . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 04:47:01 AM EST
. . . being on another astral plane wouldn't have helped much in this case, as I only drank and smoked a cigar.

i'm in and hacking by 6:45 most days by clock (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 04:42:59 AM EST
and i'm sorry we missed the reception.  believe me, i miss snow like you wouldn't believe.

my best to the wife on the climate change.  i did the opposite and survived.  barely.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

It wasn't the reception, just a party . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 04:54:06 AM EST
. . . NA reception will be in the summer.

Yeah, took me a while in China, especially when the very humid summer hit and I was constantly sweating, getting strange rashes . . . I swear it was from the heat.

riiiiiiight... by clock (4.00 / 2) #5 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 05:04:46 AM EST
...it's always from the heat.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I tried to show up by Gedvondur (4.00 / 2) #6 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 05:27:53 AM EST
But the 34 hour round trip was tough to do.

Gedvondur
"If that's not irony, I'll drink a kitten." --Fleece

Excuses, excuses . . . (nt) by slozo (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 05:31:55 AM EST

I like going to work early. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 06:11:09 AM EST
at 5:00 AM it usually only takes me 45 mins to get to work.

Leaving work at 2:00 PM is the best part.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

Just in time to catch Boeing commuters. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 06:23:21 AM EST
:^(

Sorry I missed it :( by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 08:03:55 AM EST
I have no excuse other than I must be getting old and senile. I had the 11th rather than the 7th in my head for some reason, which doesn't even make any sense. Glad to hear you had a good time though.

What counts? by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 08:27:45 AM EST
I work on a private project at 5:00am if I can get my lazy ass up.  I wander in to work around 9:00am (I signed up for the "late shift" a while ago).

Wumpus

Private projects don't count . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 08:34:48 AM EST
. . . unless you are self-employed and that is a second/side job you have. Estimate the average (mean) time you begin work . . .

Sorry man, by ni (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Apr 11, 2007 at 02:39:06 PM EST
we completely forgot. I remembered two days later and felt terrible.

If that sort of situation ever happens again, know that we almost certainly want to be there but it's slipped our mind. Please, if it happens again just give me a call. I would have been there in 15 minutes.

"Not of this world..." -- 256, on the subject of the New Jersey Turnpike