Print Story I am in London!
Husi Stock
By komet (Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 11:50:16 AM EST) lhusi (all tags)
I have arrived in London.

What a shithole. I love it.

Update [2007-3-8 19:27:54 by komet]: I met misslake and 256 and ni, and I am drunk!

One of you very kindly phoned me up on my mobile. Sadly, I forgot that the British do not believe in making quiet trains or mobile networks that work, so I couldn't understand a word. No clue who it was, but thank you anyhow.

I am now at the generator hostel. It is the bomb!! Not really suited for a quiet night, though.

Ok, misslake just phoned me like right now! I am going to meet them in half an hour, so must run now, buh bye!! And it was 256 who phoned me up.

Yay! Update [2007-3-8 19:27:54 by komet]: everyone who didn't come to these drinkef is a stupid idiot! 256 and ni can drink1! i-m sure thez will prove their worht tomorrow at the lhusi drinks.

buty i wish the underground would run for longer than they do.

hey! also, I ate a ginsters pasty! after all, it-s what i came here for. they taste as @good@ as Iremember them. BOMB

< 2007.03.08: DUDEN, where's my car? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I am in London! | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I am in Walsall by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 01:17:27 PM EST
What a shithole. I hate it.

See you tommo then! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 01:19:28 PM EST
NT

I am in a shithole. by greyrat (1.00 / 1) #3 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 02:13:30 PM EST
It claims to be a major USian Midwestern city. Go figure.

I hope you gave misslake a nice, pleasant feel-up from me.

Ob IN SOVIET UKIA by debacle (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 02:19:20 PM EST
MISSLAKE FEELS-UP YOU!

You better hurry and book a flight while she's still there, though.

fUCK ZOU}} by komet (4.00 / 2) #5 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 02:33:55 PM EST
I shan-t have disparaging remarkxs made about misslake, or indded about any one else who is in london!

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
I wonder ... by BlueOregon (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 02:56:54 PM EST

... to what extent your writing (in this drunken-diary) of thez for they is drunkenness and how much of it is y-z keyboard switching confusion at work (aided by drunkenness, of course).

And how, pray tell, is my comment disparaging? by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 04:07:28 PM EST
And for that matter, what if I am in London -- RIGHT NOW? Are you going to make disparaging remarks about me? Take it back! TAKE IT BACK, I SAY! Or I'll demand satisfaction!

Here friend, have another drink on me. And don't mind those gentlemanly hands moving toward the lovely misslake...

Hey, wasn't she just at your flat? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 04:37:50 PM EST
Have I transversed my Canucks?

Don't you mean transposed? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 06:44:08 PM EST
Goddamned inbred.

I SHALL SEE YOU TODAY THEN by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 11:30:44 PM EST
Arrive at St Pancras for 16:45, so hopefully be at the hostel by 5:00ish.  Then onto London Bridge for 5:30ish where there may be a small warm-up session in the pub there (I have no idea where this pub is - in the station?) before heading on to The Anchor.

Let me know if any of those times/locations intersect with your plans.

I believe </MLK> by Phage (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 12:19:38 AM EST
That herring and I will be in the vicinty of London Bridge at 5:30 or earlier.

the pub in London Bridge station by komet (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 12:39:27 AM EST
was a pile of shite. Everyone was agreed on that.

I'll try to be at the hostel at 5 pm. Not sure if I'll be able to recognise you with clothes on.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

Why not meet at the station by Phage (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 12:55:21 AM EST
Then straight to the Anchor ?

Won't I have to... by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 01:14:10 AM EST
...like pay for the rooms and "all that jazz"?  This may be hard to do at 2:00am when I can't even talk.

I think he meant London Bridge by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 01:31:44 AM EST
And if a hypothetical person were to reserve some decent tables at The Anchor, I for one wouldn't complain. On the other hand, I'll remind you of Merekat's maxim: eating's not cheating.

very true by komet (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 02:06:38 AM EST
it's only midday and I've already eaten 4 slices of toast, 2 scotch eggs, something out of KFC, various ginsters and I haven't even started yet in earnest. If I puke over someone tonight, I can guarantee it will smell terrible.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Ginsters by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 02:16:14 AM EST
I recall your missing of Ginsters from ages back.  Good to see you're living it up.

Wheat eating bastard by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 02:27:21 AM EST
Oops, I meant, I'm glad you consider a trip to the UK as a gastronomic odyssey.

After all, I've had about 11 cups of tea, a pack of Trufree custard* creams, a bowl of cornflakes and a pack of chile crisps. But a slice of toast wouldn't have hurt.

Anyway, as you were.

I'm only bitter for an hour on alternate Fridays.

Oh, THAT station by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 01:18:30 AM EST
Sorry, thought you meant meet at St Pancras and avoid the hostel.

We could skip the allegedly shitty London Bridge pub, the only reason I suggested it was for any people who wanted a guide to get to the Anchor.

We can hang around a little at the station by Phage (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 01:51:07 AM EST
say 17:30-117:40, then move on. But they do have assorted mobile numbers and the map originally posted is quite good in that it shows all the little lanes.

Follow the lead by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #21 Fri Mar 09, 2007 at 06:26:25 AM EST
of the BHuSi drinks organizing committee.

Which has reminded me, the big Boston HuSi Meet was THREE FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. 20-22 March, 2004.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together

I am in London! | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback