Print Story Attention Boston Weresluts
By ana (Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 12:17:26 PM EST) boston, weresluts (all tags)
or something like that.

Redbones. Friday. Be there. At noon.

What else? Got some writing done today; an interesting take on a (rather too) familiar situation. I should probably write something new. Or finish something old.

It was warm yesterday (in the 50s, F) and sunny, so we took the dog to the dog park. We did that fairly often in the fall when it was nice, and this is the first time since it got to be winter.

The first time we took Rocky there last fall there was a beagle-doberman mix puppy who was terrified of all the big dogs. Crystal found a hole she'd just fit in and spent most of her time cowering in it.

Now she's mostly grown, but still acts like a puppy, running with the big dogs, loping along, tackling Rocky and giving him kisses. It's very sweet.

This morning in the church choir we sang a Tomkins setting of a text from the story of David, lamenting over the death of his son Absalom (who'd been leading an armed rebellion). Very touching. And rather tricky, musically.

It was cloudy here during the lunar eclipse, just at sunset Saturday night. Oh well. There'll be others. But I guess that'd mean the moon was full. See above under "weresluts".

And now the sun's going down again. Where does the weekend go? And why haven't I done an MFC entry?

Another rehearsal tomorrow, this one secular music of William Byrd. I should go work on that while my esteemed partner is bathing.

< Little bit steep | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention Boston Weresluts | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
musicy stuff by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 12:44:12 PM EST
this concert cycle, we're doing Faure's Requiem, as well as some sort of weird opera chorus that i dont remember now...while i'm not going to have much difficulty with the Requiem, i suspect the other ladies in the choir are: they have to learn to minimize vibrato. I've done enough stuff in that vein to be able to do it easily, but the first rehearsal was sort of scary to listen to.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
Faure's Requiem by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 02:54:38 PM EST
The first episcopal church I attended did Faure's Requiem for All Soul's Day. It was a small, all-volunteer choir, in a small Southern town, but they sounded fantastic. It was an incredibly moving piece of music, and I almost immediately went out and purchased a CD of it. Good luck with it - it didn't sound "easy," but I know almost nothing of how music really works.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye
note-wise by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 07:22:28 PM EST
it's pretty straightforward. not a lot of weird intervals, etc...musically, though, it is pretty hard. it's VERY hard to keep the energy in something that's that quiet, with no vibrato and a fairly slow tempo. it all depends, i think, on how much you sing a certain type of music. i'm not saying it's a piece of cake, i do still have work to do, i just suspect it'll be easier for me because it seems to be less different from what i've sung in the past.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
As they say in the south by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 02:12:13 PM EST
I might could make Friday.  Depends on recent deadline stuff.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

might could... by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 02:39:29 PM EST
It's something the language needs.

'd be great to see you.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

Re: Might could by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 02:57:49 PM EST
Did you know that I was in graduate school before I knew that wasn't standard English? Or that that particular grammatical construction has a name (double modal)? It didn't take me long to excise it from my idiolect, but I miss it more than "ya'll."
-----
so what does... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Mar 04, 2007 at 11:31:47 PM EST
"might could" mean?

"Might could" by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Mar 05, 2007 at 02:09:35 AM EST
means, in essence, that perhaps you could. It's kind of a hedge - somewhere between yes and no. Of course, when I was a kid, my brothers and I accused my mom of meaning "no," when she said "might could" or "maybe."
-----