Print Story Los Angeles
Travel
By kwsNI (Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 12:14:40 PM EST) Vacation (all tags)
What is with the 40 year old women with the bodies of 20 year olds and the faces of 60 year olds?  Everywhere you turn?

Finishing up 2 weeks of work in the Mojave, can't wait to head home.  Heading home for 3 weeks, then taking my lovely bride off to Aruba for a week to celebrate my birthday.
< 2007.03.14: In Ulm, um Ulm und um Ulm herum ... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Los Angeles | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Perhaps by BlueOregon (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 12:44:54 PM EST

They're just young women with cranial-Progeria?

From what I've seen, by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 03:36:43 PM EST
perma-tans take more of a toll on facial skin than the rest.

Wear sunscreen.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

IAWTP by Phage (4.00 / 2) #5 Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 11:11:10 PM EST
UV ages the parts that light can reach.
Exactly how do you know that they have the bodies of 20 year-olds ? Hmmmmmmm ?

When I lived in San Diego by muchagecko (4.00 / 3) #8 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 06:22:03 AM EST
I lived in a house with many single mothers. Many with better bodies than you could imagine for single mothers.

We hung out at the beach a lot. I saw plenty of bodies.

The best part was the communal shower. Everyone would help scrub each other...

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

I used to think these stories were made up by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 09:10:11 AM EST
until one day, while working as a pizza delivery man in a large southwestern city...

i think by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 04:00:16 PM EST
that plastic surgery may have something to do with it. possibly.

See: Butterface by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #4 Wed Mar 14, 2007 at 07:47:42 PM EST

Ob I have the body of a 16 year old by Herring (4.00 / 6) #6 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 01:54:37 AM EST
In the trunk.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Where in the Mojave? by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 03:03:45 AM EST
I've driven through there (the Cali part, but the Mojave is also in Nevada and Utah) , several times, and the summer climate can be rough on the skin. Especially the high altitude summer sun.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Ridgecrest/Inyokern by kwsNI (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 06:02:52 PM EST
Or more specifically, Naval Air Station China Lake, but the women in question would be in LA.

I imagine you were right... by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Mar 16, 2007 at 08:49:37 AM EST
...here. Hmmm. They moved some of the F-18s since I was there last. Did you have dinner at the Indian Wells? We missed it on my trip, but they're supposed to have excellent beer.

Not quite by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 16, 2007 at 01:52:27 PM EST
We're off at a previously abandoned remote hangar they've just rehabbed.

And yeah by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Mar 16, 2007 at 01:53:45 PM EST
Indian Wells wasn't half bad and their red ale was pretty good.  There's better up by Whidbey Island tho.  Of course, up by Seattle, there's a micro-brew on every corner anyway, right next to the Starbucks...

Cripes by Mica (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed May 30, 2007 at 08:32:28 AM EST
Why are you checking out women in LA?  Do you need your eyes poked out?

~Your lovely wife

how do you know by aphrael (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Mar 15, 2007 at 08:56:42 AM EST
they aren't 60-year-old women with the bodies of 20-year-olds?

or, worse, 20-year-old women with the faces of 60-year-olds?

Los Angeles | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback