Print Story summary
By Merekat (Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 04:47:49 AM EST) (all tags)
Powder snow good. My snowboarding skills bad. Exercise experiment partially successful.

Komm hol das Lasso raus, wir spielen Cowboy und Indianer!

Still can't turn properly. I don't think I'm moving my weight properly coz what keeps happening is my back edge catches before it becomes the front edge and tumbles me. On the other hand, I'm no worse than last year and for significantly less pain. More exercise is therefore required.

Hey, wir wollen die Eisbaeren sehen! Woah oho...

I wonder how long it takes to get bad German apres-ski music out of yer head?

Dat is prima! VIVA COLONIA!

Took about two hours back in work to enter a state of homocidal rage. Sigh.

< on a rainy morning | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
summary | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Your snowboarding skills by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 05:38:02 AM EST
are the same level as mine. I, too, can't turn properly. I, too, catch edges.

I, however, gave up on snowboarding and went back to skiing. Mainly because I realized that I won't get out often enough to get good enough to do it. One or two times a year just isn't enough.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

aha! by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 06:54:35 AM EST
Fortunately I have a solution. I'm moving to a country with snow and mountains:)

Oh, Christ. by komet (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 07:24:56 AM EST
I am permanently tarnished by that song, because I learned the line-dance from a charming young gentleman with a developmental disorder. I am 100% certain that the numerous sexual references went completely above his head.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
sexual references by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 08:06:35 AM EST
I believe that every apres ski song in german must have a contractual obligation to involve groin thrusts.

Looks as if by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 01:16:52 PM EST
Any putative ski holidays in my future will be taken in Francophone or Anglophone lands.

I have average snowboardin' skills by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Mar 12, 2007 at 07:49:02 AM EST
You're not keeping your weight over your board. My guess is that your stance is too high - keep those knees flexed. The other possibility is that you are turning more by leaning than by rotating your upper body.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

summary | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback