Print Story NASA 90210
Space
By wiredog (Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 04:58:04 AM EST) (all tags)
"Equipped with a knife, pellet pistol, can of pepper spray, steel mallet and 4 feet of rubber tubing"

Didn't they used to psych test Astronauts?

Her NASA Bio has a better pic than her mug shot.

Apparently she drove from Houston to Orlando wearing diapers so she wouldn't have to stop to piss. Crazy? Or a great travel tip? You make the call! Tonight on Faux News! When AstroNuts Flip Out!

For me it's a local story as she's from Rockville Maryland.

I guess this is the end of her NASA and Navy (22 years, and a Captain) careers.

< Is it safe? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
NASA 90210 | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
She has degrees in Aersp E by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 05:04:23 AM EST
her mental instability does not surprise me, knowing  some of my former classmates.

Hey! by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 06:27:34 AM EST
I... okay, so I totally agree, but didya have to go and state it so bluntly? Now my feelings are hurt.

Where's that package of Depends and the road map to New York...

Sadly by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 06:26:35 AM EST
It probably marks the end of all three careers, at least as astronauts. NASA does not forgive bad press, even if it's not your fault.

From what I've been reading by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 06:36:42 AM EST
The guy astronaut (married, with kids) may have been in some sort of "relationship" with both of the women. The Nasa engineer, who was attacked, will probably not lose her job over this. But both the astronauts could face all sorts of interesting legal problems.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Depends by notafurry (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 06:57:07 AM EST
I actually worked with the guy in Huntsville for a while. Nice guy, and I really doubt the relationships existed outside of the attacker's mind. She's quoted as saying her relationship with him was "more than professional, less than romantic", and that this other woman was - in her mind - the reason it wasn't a romantic relationship.

His relationship with the other woman seems to have been non-romantic as well, at least based on the credible reports. That also matches what I remember about Bill. Could be wrong, stranger things have happened - but he was always a bit of a straight-arrow.

And actually by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 01:10:52 PM EST
I took a second to check his astronaut bio, and it appears he's no longer married. (NASA always mentions the wife or husband, if there is one; his bio mentions only his kids.)

And CNN has a pic of the other woman by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 02:23:49 PM EST
I don't think she's as pretty as the wanna be murderer.
My coworkers were just discussing that by thenick (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 06:56:18 AM EST
I theorized that in order for her to save time by wearing Depends, she'd have to already have them on hand. If she had to run to RiteAid to pick up a pack, she'd be wasting more time than it would take to pop a squat on the side of I-10. But as one of the guys pointed out, crazy people aren't known for their bulletproof logic.

----------------------------

"'Vengence is Mine', quoth Alvis. And then he shot the guy, right in the freaking face!"

From Houston to Orlando by debacle (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 07:27:22 AM EST
Would be at least 2-3 stops. I think she probably saved time.

Still, totally batshit insane.

2-3 stops? by thenick (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 09:14:21 AM EST
Then I hope she was wearing Oops I Crapped My Pants. She would have needed the volume.

"Imagine this pitcher of iced tea is really a gallon of your feces."

----------------------------

I was thinking by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 08:29:57 AM EST
She didn't want to stop as that would mean witnesses could see her. If she drives straight through she improves her odds of getting away with it, in theory anyways.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

The problem with that theory by thenick (4.00 / 2) #10 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 09:36:58 AM EST
Is that you're assuming she's capable of rational thought. That's the problem my theory ran into.

Considering she is insane, the most plausible reasons for the diapers was that she was going to mail the diaper to the target of her affection to prove that she loved him or that she keeps all of her feces in her basement. Let's face it: if you're wearing adult diapers and you're not incontinent, you're not all that far away from keeping your urine in jars.

----------------------------

Yeah but by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #11 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 10:11:21 AM EST
She may be batshit insane but still, she's an astronaut and they are trained to be good problem solvers. Even in the most non-lucid moments a psychopath is still capable of tapping into genius.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

A strong indication that Dubya is, in fact, sane. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 10:19:45 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

At work today by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 02:21:57 PM EST
we also had the "why the diapers" discussion.

Love triangle, we can all understand. Need to have diapers on a roadtrip to kill your rival, not so much.

Congratulations! by thenick (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 04:30:51 AM EST
No one at your office is insane.

----------------------------

Well now, THAT, doesn't follow by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 05:07:49 AM EST
Her entire office could be full of crazies, just not the sort to wear diapers while stalking.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I kept hearing about this by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 05:10:26 PM EST
but only indirectly - the references were so off the wall I assumed it was a joke of some kind.

Boy, it's reassuring to know that my coping skills easily exceed those of trained astronauts.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

what I wanna know by martingale (4.00 / 1) #17 Tue Feb 06, 2007 at 10:02:20 PM EST
is about those psych tests. I have this mental picture of people strapped in a vibrating horizontal chair and a loud voice saying: "OMS pod indicator lights check. Nominal. RCS clear. Oh oh, don't look now but we've just lost a panel on the left wing. And it looks like the right booster may be on fire. Oh my god say your prayers we're all going to die! PSYCH!"

$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$

That's because YOU are a highly trained CLOWN by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 03:21:41 AM EST
Making those balloon animals for an audience of first graders has got to be much more stressful than riding a space shuttle into orbit.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

True, true. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 2) #20 Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 04:43:12 AM EST
On that subject - a coworker brought her two young sons into work two days ago; I didn't have any balloons, so I made a pair of origami jumping frogs for them. As I launched the second one, one of the boys farted and prim-and-proper mom was horrified - so to cover, I said "Ewww. That frog farted!"

According to the mom, they're still giggling about it two days later.

NASA 90210 | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback