Print Story Attention London Infidels!
Travel
By ni (Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 12:34:39 PM EST) london, pleading, wombats (all tags)
In which lodging is pled for.

From Wednesday, March 7th through Monday March 12th I shall be in London as a member of the Toronto to London Husi Invasion. As things presently stand I have nowhere to sleep.

At least one or two nights will probably be spent in a hostel, and if necessary I could likely spend all of them there. This would, however, suck severely. It would suck like running out of beer just when the strippers show up. It would suck like husi being down. It would suck like legislation limiting the maximum amount of time per day you can spend in bed. It would suck like being broke in London on your birthday; for yes, dear husi, it's true: March the 9th is my birthday.

I throw myself on your mercy. I need only a few feet of floor space (closets are fine), a spare countertop or even a wall with some straps. Alcohol provides me with a miraculous ability to sleep anywhere.

Help me, husi; you're my only hope.

< You gotta know when to hold 'em | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention London Infidels! | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
why would staying in a hostel suck so? by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 12:50:32 PM EST

$$$ [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 01:18:22 PM EST

?! by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 01:30:45 PM EST
Ferraris are very cheap by debacle (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 01:31:58 PM EST
by comparison to supersonic jets or sub-warp space dreadnaughts.

debacle wins! /nt by ni (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 01:34:08 PM EST

"Not of this world..." -- 256, on the subject of the New Jersey Turnpike
FWIW by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 03:50:36 PM EST
I vouch for ni as boffo house guest.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

As do I. by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 04:24:39 PM EST
He seems to be housebroken and everything.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye
Cheeseburger let him stay in the house, I think. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 05:27:32 PM EST
or maybe it was littlestar?

I am pretty sure by ni (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 05:42:05 PM EST
that I was a guest in chateau nstenz/lilflighttest for the duration of my stay, although I admit the possibility that I could be wrong -- I did have a glass of wine with dinner one night, and that can make my memory a bit foggy.

"Not of this world..." -- 256, on the subject of the New Jersey Turnpike
You, sir, are correct. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 05:44:21 PM EST
I think we all had a glass of the special wine.

I'm not sure where I'll be staying either by komet (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Feb 22, 2007 at 09:14:02 PM EST
still no word from Alice Pulley - has anyone heard from him?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Nope by Phage (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 12:23:55 AM EST
I do still have his number.

I'll text him tonight. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 04:44:42 AM EST
And call him next week if I don't get a response. He is still alive.

thanks by komet (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 04:52:50 AM EST
weren't you planning to stay at his too?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Indeed. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 05:00:40 AM EST
Hopefully he's still up for some quality debauchery/hardcore Scrabble playing (256, I'm looking at you.), otherwise I may have to take it a bit easier and leave at 11.30ish.

i never turn down a game of scrabble by 256 (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 09:05:26 AM EST
though i fear that playing with the british word list might be a big hurdle to overcome.

and very rarely do i turn down a good debauch.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

This diary is slipping down by Phage (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 12:22:53 AM EST
Because of the tyime differences. I'd recommend PMs to the usual suspects. Breaker, JtL, Alice et al.
I'd offer, but I live >1hr out of town and the house currently has N and I, plus 6 kids in it. Not really suitable.
Heh - I'd also have to explain to N that teh intarweb peeps are coming to stay as well as the 3 extra kids. I will be there for the 9th March. Are we still at The Anchor ?

Shit by hulver (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 03:59:47 AM EST
I've just realised. I don't have anywhere to kip either.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
proposal by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 04:34:08 AM EST
Just stay up all night and party!

Attention London Infidels! | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback