Print Story ATTENTION TOKYO INFIDELS
By creo (Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 12:45:16 AM EST) (all tags)
On the way home this time I have a couple of days in Tokyo.

So what's on the shortlist of things that must be done?

Also to keep up with the Japanese theme, CU1 and Mrs C are heading there in April for a month.

Japan
CU1 is fascinated by Japan. Last year we had an exchange student stay for 2 weeks, and this year it is CU1s turn. She will be heading off in April - they will spend a week in Tokyo and surrounds. Then onto the exchange families place which I believe is in the mountains near Osaka.

Mrs C is going as chaperon (for the group - not CU1), as the only other adult going is the Japanese teacher and her husband. I'm sure it will be interesting for her, as she has zero Japanese skills.

As for me, originally I was going to be stuck a Narita for 10 hours, so I said screw that, and turned into into an overnight stopover. So I get in at 1000, get to Tokyo, stay the night and then fly out the next day at 2030.

Other Crap
work - same old, same old. Helsinki - cold and dreary like normal. There might be some independent work coming up, but we will see.

I have also heard a rumour that the platform I work on will soon be object only - so my normal work pattern of doing customisations is on the way out. As long as it lasts for about another 5 years, that's all I care about. Then it's casual, whatever I can get type work for fun.

I have also decided that killing myself for the job is out when I get home. Mrs C s not a believer at this stage, but no longer am I going to work regular 80 hour weeks to make bullshit deadlines, especially when there is no bonus at the end of it. It's back to semi regular work hours. Naturally the main advantage of working at home is being flexible, but the working from 0900 to 2300 stops.

Bikes - As the guys I work for did not reward me, I'm going to reward myself with one of these. Naturally I  will get the 70mm "race track only" pipes and cans, and the race ECU to go with it.

Also I am going to restart "project chopper", as the new bike will not be used as a general street hack, and my other bike will be being sold.

That's it for now. Another week in Hellsinki, then home - woo hoo!

< been working alot | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
ATTENTION TOKYO INFIDELS | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Mmmmmm - Duke by Phage (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 01:07:19 AM EST
You filthy rotten lucky lucky (wealthy) swine.

Actually by creo (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:42:32 AM EST
it's only 40k ozbux (with the pipes/ECU) - basically the same as boring plastic fantastic POS like a Commodore or Falcon, or some other boring four whell monstrosity. I mean our Kia Caravan Soccer Mum mobile was 33!

Personally I think it's good value, but being a bike nut, I would say that. Mind you putting slicks on it and then thrashing it at the track might add to the expenses...

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Nice bike! by cam (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 01:40:08 AM EST
I too am fascinated by Japan.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I am as well by creo (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:44:07 AM EST
Unfortunately someone has to stay at home and look after CU2 - plus there is the work thing.

Maybe next time for me...

PS: The bike certainly looks neat. I'm getting a test ride when I get home, and if it passes the taste test, I think it's all go.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Keep your wings in when test driving it by cam (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:52:56 AM EST
the path to success on a motorbike is keeping at least one wheel on the ground.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

You are required, by law, by komet (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 01:40:40 AM EST
to buy used schoolgirl panties from a vending machine and posting a video of the machine to Youtube.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
I have made this a high priority by creo (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:45:08 AM EST
I have read you can by anything in vending machines there, so I will be on the lookout...photos will be posted if said machine is spotted in the wild.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Why not get my $corp logoed 999R by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 04:38:35 AM EST
instead? Cycle World gave it a nice review.

The 999 by creo (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 05:21:31 AM EST
is as ugly as a hat full of arseholes. I was all set to buy a 998R, when they brought out that ugly POS.

The 1098 is lighter, faster and more maintainance friendly then the 999. I think the only reason why the 999 still exists is that 1098 does not qualify for FIM WSB rules this year. I have heard rumours the FIM wil increase the twin capacity to 1200 max, and that there is an 1198R waiting in the works.

I do not think I can wait that long however....

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian