Print Story my goodness
By MillMan (Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 09:55:28 PM EST) (all tags)
Some days passed and some things happened.

A few weeks ago I told my boss I was too busy. He reduced my workload by about 30%. This made me happy.

Had my review earlier this week. Overall pretty good. Got a 5% raise. I think that's the biggest raise I've ever received that didn't involve a new job. Which simply means I'm still a bit underpaid, but at this level of money I don't really care.

My exciting valentine's day consisted of setting up my new tent in my dining room, followed by watching a movie while sitting inside it. Yes, I am five years old.

Bush is going to bomb Iran. Blah blah oil, blah blah blah. Buy your guns and get ready for armageddon! Last man standing gets all the wimmins.

Hot rave action tomorrow night, looks like.

No work Monday.

I was all like, she's kinda cute, then I got to the part about dressing up as furries.

< Flee the pirates | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
my goodness | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Heh... by Metatone (4.00 / 5) #1 Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 10:02:54 PM EST
everyone has their downsides. Look at the upsides; she's not on the other side of the world and she might just be more entertaining than a tent...

Sure, you might end up face down on the corner of Haight and Ashbury, dressed as a Pokemon and missing a kidney. But isn't that the joy of intarweb dating?

the tent is easy to beat by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 10:59:17 PM EST
and yeah I'll still email her.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Dude, why do you hate tents? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:42:19 PM EST

The really high-tech ones totally rock, and I'd much rather buy a nice Mountain Hardwear tent or a North Face tent. Neither tent will ever break my heart, and best of all, LIFETIME WARRANTY! Show me a girl with a lifetime warranty. You can't. Particularly not in the Bay Area.

You should really enroll in my "Gaming Bitches in the Bay Area: Boot Camp for the Straight Dude Who Wants Some Ass" class. There's still a couple openings for next semester.

what kind of tent? by R343L (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Feb 15, 2007 at 11:02:17 PM EST
And when are you going camping? Going backpacking? Or drive in and setup? Taking someone along IYKWIM?

And it's "last woman standing gets to command the men around as god intended". Get it right. Of course that doesn't make much sense for me to be saying as I'd like to command both, but oh well.

And by hot rave action do you mean: (a) cool, hip, etc., (b) warm, exertion-oriented, or (c) sexy, womanizing, etc. Cause they all sound fun. (and oh god, that puts a bizarre image in my head which I will NOT share and will instead force everyone to imagine their own weird image. this increases my apparent relative coolness).

Rachael

mo money by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 03:42:44 AM EST
Tent, that is an awesome idea. I occasionally think about trying to get some camping gear together. But it's like when you want to get into a band that you know has a huge back catalog...the amount of shit you need to acquire before you reach the bare minimum for camping or fandom is just too daunting.

Are you talking serious backpacking? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 04:28:41 AM EST
or jsut tent camping from a car? For the latter, a tent, cooler, airmattress and sleeping bags should be enough, just bring a pots/pans and dishes from home.

yeah, car or bike by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Feb 17, 2007 at 09:51:25 PM EST
But yeah, see, that's like a couple different things to get, some of which might cost some money. And until you get all of them, you can't just go sort-of-camping, you have to just hang in there until you've got the necessities. I am probably making a bigger deal of it than is strictly indicated.

outdoor stuff by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 07:54:13 AM EST
Find what you want at REI then see if you can get it on ebay. I got this tent new for about 1/3rd less than REI sells it for. I've done that several times. And unless you want to go all the way don't worry about the backpack and associated overnight items initially. I do very little backpacking myself, usually we set up the tent and do long day hikes from there.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

You need a sleeping back and a pack by debacle (4.00 / 1) #12 Sun Feb 18, 2007 at 08:38:34 PM EST
Which, if you buy one cheap and one used, should cost you about $50. Find yourself a hiking group and take a few trips.

Everything else you can pick up slowly, usually when it's out of season and on clearance.

Always shop at the outdoor stores in the yuppie areas. You will find tons of great deals on 'old' merchandise that is perfectly good.

Furry comment by jimgon (4.00 / 4) #6 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 04:37:42 AM EST
I think the furry comment is to say you have to be open minded.  And look, buddy, you're a grown man watching TV in a tent in your dining room.

---------------
metaphor? by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 07:46:41 AM EST
This is SF, I doubt it.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Maybe by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Feb 16, 2007 at 08:26:43 AM EST
I have to limit my base to New England.  I personally tend to throw out landmines like that just to see how people react.  If you can handle furries, then you can handle a lot of liberal ideas.

---------------
Like anarcho-syndicism. [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun Feb 18, 2007 at 08:43:01 PM EST

my goodness | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback