Print Story TurboTax == teh roxx0rs
Software
By barooo (Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 05:21:14 AM EST) (all tags)

My taxes are done.

I didn't set the timer on when I started, but I think I put the CD in the drive to install it around 7:15, and I was on the couch by about 9.  I efiled US and MO ($15 per, but you get actual confirmation, it costs like half that for registered return, which doesn't prove anything, as I found out with my KCMO taxes a few years ago).  Total refund is about $3500.  I know, I know, I'm loaning the gummit money at 0% APR, but hey.  Piece of cake.  One of my W2's was available electronically, the other wasn't, and I wasn't 100% sure about one of the deductions, but I think I qualify.

So for a total of $70 and an hour and a half of my time, I'm done.  Literally, on the first day I could have done them, since I didn't get my last w2 until yesterday.  This is a new record, since I usually sit up the night of April 14th doing them.

I still have to do KCMO's lovely 1% earnings tax, and I probably owe them +/- $10.  For some reason, even though it's a straight 1% of income, no deductions, the witholdings are never exactly right.  I don't know if that one can be efiled or not.

< Baby, It's Cold Outside | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
TurboTax == teh roxx0rs | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden)
this will probably be by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 07:04:16 AM EST
my last year of doing them for free in 20 minutes.

yep. by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 07:37:53 AM EST
took me an hour to do this year's, even with the complication of moving states.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

i fear ours by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 09:31:53 AM EST
trying to figure out which bitch-related items we can itemize, etc.

in theory, we should be getting a nice refund (which like you, i don't like but things just happen sometimes).  of course, i'm probably wrong - i've only ever gotten a refund once.  a whole whopping $9

you're welcome by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Feb 01, 2007 at 05:31:05 PM EST
I owed $12 this year.  The Phone Tax refund saved me $30.

Luckily the Feds let ya pick the day you want to pay before the 16th.  So I picked the last pay before that.  All direct debit.  All I have to do now is the 1% for the school district.  and that was withheld.  I hate tax time.

Click

Being A Childless Unmarried Homeless Hermit by Improbus (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Feb 02, 2007 at 05:48:08 AM EST
Makes my taxes so easy.  Hello 1040-EZ.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago. --- Oma Desala
TurboTax == teh roxx0rs | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden)