Print Story MFC Time, Mistletoe and Wine
By Herring (Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:39:00 AM EST) (all tags)
Children singing non-sectarian rhymes

Yes, it's time for MFC XIV already. And the theme has to be Jeebusmas.

Update [2008-1-12 9:54:59 by Herring]: The closing date is now Sunday 13th. Also, notafurry has created an upload site here.

Over the years, Winterval has given us some really special musical moments - from Wham's Last Christmas to Bowie & Bing Crosby's Little Drummer boy.

As usual, the theme can be interpreted very liberally. So if you fancy producing a satanic carol, a cover version of Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime or something else then go ahead.

Closing date is midnight GMT on 31st December.

< ITT HFC brain-drizzle diary | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
MFC Time, Mistletoe and Wine | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
aw yeah by discordia (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:56:25 AM EST
I've got a PERFECT one for this.

Give the Jew Girl Toys!! by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 09:07:02 AM EST
LOLZ!!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

I can see everyone by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 09:48:49 AM EST
Sat in on New Year's Eve trying to get their MFCs finished on time.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Don't tell anyone by Herring (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 10:01:02 AM EST
but I picked that date to give enough time to extend to 12th night.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Only with an extension by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 02:28:39 PM EST
Midnight GMT Dec 31st is the start of New Year's Eve - anyone still working on it as the minutes tick down to 2008 is late.

Yes I am a pedant; I can't help it

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Excellent oblig VSTFP by TPD (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 11:06:06 AM EST
I too have an idea, it just involves me developing Malmsteen like chops in 3 weeks... should be no problem there then ;)

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I shall not vote for you by cam (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 04:15:40 PM EST
unless your entry is on youtube with you in tights telling us how awesome you are.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Now that's a fast turn around... by 606 (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 05:35:40 PM EST
Where the hell did I put my jingle bells?

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Extension by TPD (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Dec 24, 2007 at 12:48:52 AM EST
Only got a little way with this ( http://www.upload66.com/file/12921/SN1-01-mp3.html ), and won't get a chance to get any further till 2008! Blimey where did that year go?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Yes. by Herring (4.00 / 4) #11 Sun Dec 30, 2007 at 08:42:16 AM EST
Is Jan 6th (12th night) OK?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Probably not by TPD (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Jan 02, 2008 at 12:50:25 PM EST
I don't think I will be near any musical instruments again until that day.... but it doesn't matter I can sit this one out.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
My entry by 606 (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Dec 24, 2007 at 08:19:24 PM EST
For some reason I can't link to it from this comment, but it's in this diary:

Little Drummer Boy (Acappella)

-----
imagine dancing banana here

Okay, here's mine by Phil Urich (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 01:29:11 AM EST
My excuse for not having something better is that, after making this so-so recording, I came down (within hours, actually) with a terrible sickness, one which has mostly retreated yet still holds my throat in thrall . . . holds thrall over my throat?  I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure on the proper usage of "thrall".  Anyways, I wrote a song about Jesus, at least I think it is, whatever it is it's here.  I call it "Vacation".

A rushed entry by TPD (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 05:42:41 AM EST
here: http://www.upload66.com/file/13726/NSSN-mp3.html

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Would it really piss you off if I by Herring (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 08:13:48 AM EST
extended until Sunday?

I might even get around to doing one myself - although festive is hardly what I feel at the moment.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Sunday would be kind of good by motty (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Jan 07, 2008 at 12:03:13 PM EST
I would not be pissed off.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
NOT AT ALL!!!!!! by TPD (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Jan 08, 2008 at 12:53:49 AM EST
I might even rework this, if I get time.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Update by TPD (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 10:34:28 AM EST
Now with better drums (NOT done my me)

Also the upload site doesn't seem to work!

"The file SNHansDrumsRMix.mp3 is not one of the permitted types for this contest. Use the back button on your browser to try again."

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Fixed by notafurry (4.00 / 2) #19 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 12:47:16 PM EST
Did you know that PHP variable comparison actually requires the data stored in the variable to be spelled correctly? Who fucking knew?!

Right. Fine. by motty (4.00 / 1) #20 Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 03:04:24 AM EST
Uploaded.

A special prize if anyone can guess what the connection to Christmas is. Apologies to Woody Guthrie, Billy Bragg and you.

I am going to bed now.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T

You can appologise to by TPD (4.00 / 1) #21 Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 02:28:29 PM EST
Woody Guthrie and Billy Bragg but don't even think about appologising to "Me" that's awesome.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM