Print Story ITT HFC brain-drizzle diary
Furries
By discordia (Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:24:55 AM EST) masochism, newborn baby chickens, felching, 2girls1cup (all tags)
Seriously.

In response to cam's brilliance, I will explore the possibility of HFC goals, and the like.
  1. Long-term, non-HFC goal:  Hike Mt. Whitney.  Not part of HFC because my current plan is to do the hike in March/April.
  2. Short-term, possible HFC goal:  Establish regular exercise regimen @ $DISCORDIA_CITY's YMCA.  Thoughts: 3 times a week?  4?  .5hr cardio + weights?  Basketball?  Where the ($#&(#@ is the time for this going to come from?
  3. Short-term, possible HFC goal:  Find a local highschool football field for stadium-running.  Stairs, stairs stairs.  Possibly wearing leg-weights.  Ouch.
  4. Short-term, possible HFC goal:  Start riding the bleeding bicycle to work again.  30-45 min ride, one way.  Probably 6-7mi round trip.  Every day.  Yaaargh.  I used to do this all the time, but stopped when I got the bike.  Should be the easiest of the three possibles.
These are just process goals, not even metric-specific goals like calories/day burned, reduction of consumption, or even weight/BMI targets.  I'm open to ideas.

Current stats:
Age: 31 3/4
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 215-218# depending on the day
Diet: Fair to poor, depending on stress.  Mostly vegetarian.  Stress = junk food.
Exercise:  Desk jockey.  Gardening.  Three year old.
BMI: 26.9 (overweight).
Squishy health metric: "I feel alright, but could definitely do better."

< I'm dreaming of an ebay Christmas | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
ITT HFC brain-drizzle diary | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
POSSIBLES? by discordia (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:33:03 AM EST
what the fuck, discordia?

the YMCA isn't bad by R343L (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:36:43 AM EST
I have to cancel my membership at that one, but it's not a bad one. They are redoing the pool right now and I think have got or will be getting new weight & cardio machines ("new" actually means "from the Y in richer university city to south").

it feels ghetto to me by discordia (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:38:29 AM EST
I used to go to the PJCC.  Bringing my own lock?  Wtf?  How expensive can it be to install lockers with built-in combo locks?

sigh.

Well, maybe. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:51:36 AM EST
People would want to use their own lock, rather than trusting the locks of the gym. Still, I can see why it's a bit crappy, too.

Wow by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:42:14 AM EST
We're exactly the same size. (And have mostly the same diet.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
AND WORK IN ALMOST THE SAME TYPE OF JOB by discordia (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 08:47:45 AM EST
QUIT STALKING ME, DAMN YOU