Print Story The return of Super High Tech Jet Fighters!!
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:28:33 AM EST) Super high tech jet fighters (all tags)
The B.A.D.tm

Standing up when I shoulda sat down since 1978...

I don't know why I do it but lately I've been browsing through youtube looking at videos of 12 year old musicians who have only been playing guitars for two months who can kick my arse up one side and down the other. Now some of the kids aren't telling the truth about how long they've been playing, for sure, and to some degree it speaks to the amount of free time a dopey kid has for practice and whatnot, but still, some of those mopes make me want to put all my gear up on eBay and take up something easy like quilting, or the bass or drums. Feh.

I'm probably the only bloke who didn't know about this site but it's the schiznit, quick and easy. So now I can easily save all those dopey 14 year old mopes to my hard drive and lose the will to live on demand!

The 86 Escort is still shifting smooth and easy - so hopefully even if it is leaking fluid it's a small enough leak so as not to bother until I sell the old carriage. See - this is a lesson as to why you never want to buy an older used car - there's likely tonnes of little things wrong with it that are just a-waitin to blow up on you. If you only learn one lesson from today's secret diary let it be that.

It's actually sunny out today. That's a rarity here in Ohia during this part of the year. We're one of the most gray states on the planet during the Winter, according to some of the studies I've heard. That is to say we have more overcast days than you do. On the credit side it really makes the sunny days a special treat - on the debit side it's the same sort of treat that a wife gets on those days when her husband doesn't beat her.

Speaking of wife-beating - they say the first casualty of war is date-rape-drugs and it turns out it's true. (She is kind of cute - if I was going to slip someone some roofies she would certainly, uh, well, never mind) This really should come as no surprise to anyone - most of those blokes who are expats are expats for a reason. My stepdad was actually an expat (not for Haliburton mind you) who worked in Indonesia and Egypt for a number of years and when I would visit them (my mom went with him although she hated living overseas) I was always rather put off by the all the expats I met.

Most of them struck me as thugs. Overpaid uncultured thugs. They make a serious fuckload of money but they all seemed to be the type of person who was in some serious trouble in the states and took the expat gig as a way to a: get the hell out of dodge, and b: make a tonne of money (much of it tax free) to be used as a means of digging out of whatever trouble they were running from. Blah - so there ya go. God bless Americia!! Spreading Democracy and the Americian way!!

< Hello. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
The return of Super High Tech Jet Fighters!! | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Your love of ex-pats reminded me of a book I read- by moonvine (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:38:12 AM EST
Have you read Confessions of an Economic Hit man?

No by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:45:30 AM EST
But I've seen it recommended before - sounds like it would make for some entertaining Holiday reading.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Very by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:51:45 AM EST
Entertaining and informative. Some of it also made me foam at the mouth with anger at the unfairness and injustice, etc... Read it if you get the chance.

I call tag misuse by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:44:56 AM EST
I see no Super High Tech fighters.

I'd like to rectify that with my upcoming award winning diary, but while there's lot of mention of Hannah Montana, igloos and underground comix, there is no mention of high tech fighters.

Look Ha by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:52:09 AM EST
I don't so much mind you using my award winning diary to promote your own award winning diary - but in all fairness you should probably drop a plug about my diary in your diary as a return favour.

RE: Super High Tech Jet Fighters are actually a metaphor for a clutch master cylinder. Really - this should be obvious to you of all people.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

I can't make any promises by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:58:46 AM EST
given that your diary doesn't have a lot for me to work with. We really don't have a lot in common, why, you didn't even know Britney had a younger, cuter sister.

I'll give you that by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:00:46 AM EST
But you do own a car, right? So there ya go, that's plenty of synergy to work with.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

I did what I could by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:33:22 AM EST
I'd be careful, bob by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:55:32 AM EST
about spoutin off on the 12-14 yr olds you watch on the internet.. Might be taken in the wrong context.. Don't wanna see you on DATELINE..

Jesus dude by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:09:36 AM EST
Do you have some issues you need to talk about here?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

when by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 11:35:37 AM EST
Chris Hansen is your 2nd cousin, you learn things. Speaking, of, Bob, will you be home next saturday ? I might be able to setup a meeting..

Chris Hanson is your second cousin?? by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 12:07:48 PM EST
Get the hell out of here!!

Uh, who is Chris Hanson?

And no, if you're sending the feds to my house for watching youtube videos of kids playing guitar I'm not going to be around.

Look - ti_dave tried for years to take me down - if he couldn't pull it off you have no chance.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

hmm... by garlic (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 04:09:50 AM EST
and he's missing now. I wonder who took out who then...

I bet you took out the borg as well.

GIY by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 04:56:59 AM EST
Ah - I'm not a tv watcher by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 05:26:49 AM EST
I don't see where it says he's your second cousin - you may want to edit that page to clear the matter up.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

You know the truthiness by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 05:33:12 AM EST
of wikipedia, the wikiality if you will.. People are fighting to suppress truth, things like how the population of elephants has doubled in the past 6 months.

Murder's not even an extra-territorial offense. by Horatio Hellpop (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 11:55:21 AM EST
Mutiny, treason, espionage, sexual exploitation of a minor and perhaps sedition. That's it.

Congress needs to re-examine the pertinent SOFA, suck it up and this girl needs to plead her case to the Iraqi government.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here