Print Story she's just a complicated girl who likes to complicate her life
By cicero (Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 11:36:56 AM EST) (all tags)
with the likes of me, apparently.

so, despite (or perhaps, b/c of) my best intentions to remain unattached for a while, i find myself something akin to attached.  Possibly it's more accurate to say that someone is attached to me, but that would be presuming their feelings, something I'm prone to do, and terrible at.

this is a girl who, despite (or perhaps, b/c of) saying that she tries to avoid dating people from work, ends up dating almost exclusively people from work.

conundrum.

i like her well enough, hanging out with her has become easier and we usually have a pretty good time. there was a little while when I was (it still makes me smirk to think about it) the hot guy; the guy who's internal photo she couldn't look at b/c she'd have to close the browser, blushing.  I think at this point, she realizes that i'm just a guy, and that my shit does in fact, stink somewhat.

but (there's always one of those with me), i had just been getting to a point where I liked sleeping alone in my bed.  now I seem to be avoiding that.

I probably shouldn't.

so, this complicated girl and I have hung out a few times in the last couple of weeks and we've already had a 'talk' about her complications.  I'm legitimately not totally sure how I feel about her complications (ex's and other complicated friends, mostly).  add to that the fact that we don't really know each other too well (it's funny, I was never taught in high school chemistry that mixing alcohol and hormones produces clothesonthefloor and orgasms and how, when you have the latter two, normal getting to know each other conversation kind of goes out the window), and I only see one thing to do.

now, to not be a pussy and do it.

i'm totally going the wrong way in this relationship thing this year.  a recap: 2 year relationship, ended in june.  4 month relationship, ended in october. 2 week relationship, (ended in december?). maybe '08 will be better?

< Attention Clown Infidels | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
she's just a complicated girl who likes to complicate her life | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Back on that horse, eh? by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 11:51:17 AM EST
It's a good time of year to have someone.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
man by cicero (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 11:56:21 AM EST
this is the second time i've been too vague. i'm talking about needing to end this one.

but yeah, back on the horse for now.

PICS OR SHE DOESN'T EXIST by discordia (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 12:30:54 PM EST
</obligatory>

SHE DOESN'T EXIST by cicero (4.00 / 3) #4 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 12:40:15 PM EST
</snarky>

yea you definitely got to end that by alprazolam (4.00 / 8) #5 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 12:43:22 PM EST
i mean hanging out with people and having sex and stuff is totally bad, you should be locked in your apartment reading bad fantasy novels, playing old computer games, and watching anime.

i knew you'd be understanding. by cicero (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 12:51:55 PM EST
it's for support like this that I come to husi.

Sooo.... by CaptainZornchugger (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 03:00:19 PM EST
You like her, but you want to dump her because you don't know her that well yet and because she has other friends.  Remind me, which one of you has issues?

"A Genius?! For 37 years I've practiced 14 hours a day, and now they call me a genius??" -- Pablo de Sarasate
please note by cicero (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Dec 19, 2007 at 05:23:30 PM EST
I never said I didn't have issues.  in fact, quite the opposite is true.

Picture your ideal mate, and ask yourself, by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 02:47:10 AM EST
"Would that person go out with me?"

In my case, probably not.

"normal getting to know each other conversation kind of goes out the window"  That happens the next morning when you wake up and ask yourself "Where am I? Who is this woman in bed next to me?  Where are my clothes?"

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

so, one of the pre-req's for being my ideal mate by cicero (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:44:22 PM EST
would be that she would go out with me.

so, based on my definition of the question, i'd be set. ;)

'course, i'm probably cheating. good thing there are companies that sell cheating offsets.

I'm with Cicero by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Jan 03, 2008 at 04:36:19 AM EST
Your ideal mate has to go out with you, otherwise they are simply your ideal fantasy figure. It's too easy to get the two confused until this is pointed out.

Dude! You're doing great! by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #10 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 04:41:58 AM EST
Keep it up! Quantity not quality and all that...

quantity has been down, these last few years. by cicero (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:07:49 AM EST
i'd like to think that the quality has been up, somewhat.

the previous years, though, quantity was way up while quality was way down.

i'm all over the place.

At least you can ponder your balance of by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:23:47 AM EST
quantity and quality. Some of us have no basis at all for that kind of calculation.

breaking up with a complicated coworker? by webwench (4.00 / 2) #11 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:29:04 AM EST
You like the drama, I guess?

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

it would appear so. by cicero (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:05:43 AM EST
patterns, and all that.