Print Story Photo Fun Challenge 5 - postponing deadline
By clover kicker (Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 04:52:01 PM EST) photo, pfc, pfc5 (all tags)
Since there have been exactly zero submissions for Photo Fun Challenge 5, I'm extending the deadline until Jan 10.

I was probably crazy to think anyone would get around to a PFC this time of year. So y'all enjoy your holidays, and keep an eye out for that perfect shot.

Ob. geometric inspiration

< I seem to be losing weight at an incredibly accelerated rate | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Fun Challenge 5 - postponing deadline | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
if october photos were allowed by fleece (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 07:35:58 PM EST
I would have posted this

very nice by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 04:16:45 AM EST
Don't suppose you could just drive back and take it from a slightly different angle? :)

I've been sorely tempted to twiddle the EXIF date on old photos for previous contests, but managed to resist.

I had some great ice-covered plants to work with by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 04:40:55 AM EST
yesterday, but taking photos at work is forbidden, and home was far enough south (if you can believe it) that ther was no ice.

climate is funny by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 05:09:20 AM EST
A buddy lives 15 minutes away from the ocean. Often it will be snowing at home but freezing rain in town. In the spring/fall that 15 minute drive might cause a temp. difference of t-shirt versus long sleeves.

Put an entry in the PFC. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 17, 2007 at 04:12:25 AM EST
Someday I'll find the time to diarize...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

my entry by discordia (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Dec 18, 2007 at 01:39:10 PM EST
here

(Comment Deleted) by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Dec 18, 2007 at 06:40:21 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by kwsNI

Fountain by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Dec 28, 2007 at 11:06:17 AM EST
Temple of Debod Fountain, Madrid.

As usual, taken with Nokia N80 cameraphone. Post processing: rotated and shrunk to 25% of original size with Microsoft Paint.

you may want to put this in the original story by discordia (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Dec 28, 2007 at 07:33:18 PM EST

Thanks, done [nt] by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Dec 28, 2007 at 11:19:30 PM EST

it may have been unnecessary, but who knows by discordia (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Dec 30, 2007 at 09:33:00 AM EST
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is around these parts, but it never hurts to be comprehensive

Dammit by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #12 Sat Jan 05, 2008 at 01:26:07 AM EST
I would've had this one locked up with a pic of the suspension section of the bridge between Denmark and Sweden. Snow and fog prevented my getting a picture, and a lack of desire to do that drive again (and shell out the €34 toll each way) will prevent me from ever getting that picture. Dammit. Must find something geometricalish here in Munich.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

looked at the bridge on images.google.com by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #13 Sat Jan 05, 2008 at 03:23:53 PM EST
Probably would have been a sweet shot.

Indeed by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Jan 06, 2008 at 12:05:13 AM EST
During the day on the way to Sweden you couldn't see beyond 100m or so. On the way back it was nighttime and the curve leading to the bridge would've eben a perfect point to take a long exposure, but the snow and patchy fog conspired to stop this attempt as well.

Who am I kidding? I'm actually quite likely to rent a car in CPH if I fly through there on a nice day, then drive over the bridge in both directions before cathing the connecting flight. I shoulda asked if there was a discounted day pass.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Millennium Bridge, Panama by glamorgan (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Jan 09, 2008 at 07:09:25 PM EST
Millennium Bridge spans the Panama Canal, near the Pacific Ocean.  Picture was taken from the 14th deck of the Island Princess on Dec 9, 2007.

Camera: Olympus E-500
Lens: Zuiko 40-150 mm

Focal Length: 150 mm
Aperture: 5.6
Shutter: 1/500

Post Processing: Cropped, resized, curves edited to bring out shadows and sky.