Print Story I seem to be losing weight at an incredibly accelerated rate
Health
By theboz (Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 09:06:40 AM EST) (all tags)
I'm at 103.2 kilograms!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scary thing is my wife seems to be effected too!

HuSi Health Fun Challenge

We're losing weight.  I've lost about eight pounds in the past week, and I'm not starving.  It's still difficult, but my target weight will put me just under 200lbs, where right now I'm about 227.  Then, I will start the gym back up, and gain muscle instead of fat.

Other than that, I could write about a lot of things -- the trip to Mexico, work, Christmas, United Health being a bunch of fucking cunts who deserve to be lined up against the wall and shot by the government, my daughter's latest stuff, Super Mario Galaxy, and all sorts of other things.  However, I'm tired and busy, so I'll have to leave all that for another time.

< I seem to be aging at an incredibly accelerated rate | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I seem to be losing weight at an incredibly accelerated rate | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
huh by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 10:13:00 AM EST
I've lost about eight pounds in the past week

that's almost certainly dangerous and unhealthy.

also, there's a good chance that much of that is water weight.

The first pounds come off easy by ayrlander (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 11:59:36 AM EST

I lost 10lbs the first week I started dieting.  I didn't think it was water, as I drank much more that week, but I've been told that's normal: you drink a lot, your body doesn't feel the need to retain as much, you actually lose water weight by drinking more.
Since then it was at most 2lbs per week, and then I hit the plateau after about 20lbs (another normal aspect of dieting apparently), so I've wavered at X lbs +/- 2lbs for about 3 months now.  I've just reacquired the gym-going habit, so I hope that kicks the losses back in.

for me by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 12:28:25 PM EST
i dropped 18 pounds or so in six weeks, then another 12 in the next six, then another 10 in the five after that.

13 months later i've neither lost nor gained, despite exercising a lot.

I lost something like 5 lbs in a week. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 12:34:56 PM EST
but it was the week after thanksgiving,

Weight by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 05:30:46 PM EST
When I diet, I generally weigh myself every day. It is not unusual for me to drop 1-2 lbs a day for the first three days and 6 lbs in the first week. I've always assumed that was a combination of water and stuff "working its way through". I generally settle to 3 lbs a week when I am doing ok.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Not dangerous by theboz (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 03:22:21 AM EST
If I lost eight pounds every week, then yes.  Also you are right that some of that is water weight, but it is also some fat.  My diet has changed drastically, so I probably will lose weight at an ok speed going forward, and then I will start back at the gym once it tapers off.
- - - - -
dear theboz, by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 01:09:24 PM EST
I'll have what you are having.

Sure thing by theboz (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 03:30:29 AM EST
For breakfast, almost every day, is a smoothie made with fruit like strawberries and blueberries (sometimes orange, papaya, pineapple too), with fat free yogurt and a little bit of fat free milk.

For the mid-morning snack, have either some grapes or some honeydew melon or canteloupe.

For lunch, you have to vary.  Some days I have hamburgers with no buns and a salad, some days I have grilled chicken and grilled vegetables, some days I have turkey hot dogs with fat free cheese only.

For the afternoon snack, another fruit is in order.  It should be different than the fruits you've eaten earlier.  So far the only forbidden fruits are mangoes, bananas, and some things that you can't get in the U.S. as far as I can tell.

For supper, something light, and it sometimes has meat and sometimes doesn't.  Hot dogs with fat free cheese are typical, but some days it is only fruit.

Throughout the whole day, drink lots of water and fresh fruit juice without sugar.  I'm also drinking a lot of jamaica, which is pronounced (huh-my-kuh) and is a tea made from a type of hibiscus.

That is my diet in a nutshell, although I do get a lot of "treats" too.  For example, one day last week I was given cake and hot chocolate for lunch, then the next day was ice cream.  Neither of which did I get the healthy stuff (well, for the ice cream I got gelatto which is healthier than normal ice cream, but still it was full of chocolate and sugars.)

So with all that information in mind, do you think it is a diet you would or could do?  Also understand that it is catered specifically to me.  For a woman, you would probably get a lot less protein from meat in your diet.
- - - - -

Ok, thanks- by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 04:09:46 AM EST
I can substitute all the carcass for tofu items (boca et al).

Why are mangoes and bananas forbidden? Too much sugar? (high glycemic index)? Does this include soy milk?

Yum, hibiscus tea. Wait! You're not a chic and yet you drink herbal tea?

So basically this is a low caloric-based "healthy" cleansing diet. And you eat all those snacks to keep your metabolic rates up, right?

I think I can do dis.

P.S.- No rice, breads, or starches?

I'm paying someone to give me the diet by theboz (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 05:39:23 AM EST
I can substitute all the carcass for tofu items (boca et al).

Does that actually work?  I didn't think tofu had everything that your body needs, and that you might have to substitute beans and up your intake of things like broccoli and spinach?

I have no idea.  However, we do get some milk, which could be soy milk.  All that matters is that it is low fat or fat free, which soy milk is.  Generally, I'll get smoothies for breakfast that sometimes include milk or yogurt.
Yum, hibiscus tea. Wait! You're not a chic and yet you drink herbal tea?

I'll drink whatever tea I like, I don't see why that should be restricted to women.  However, this tea is an iced tea called jamaica that is very popular in Mexico.  You'll find it in almost any authentic Mexican restaurant.

Yep.  That's basically it, although to answer your next question...
P.S.- No rice, breads, or starches?

I haven't had rice yet, but I've been given bread at least two or three times a week, just not a lot.  Potatoes are ok too, but not fried or greasy.  In fact, one of the foods I eat as a snack is jicama, which is a Mexican potato that you eat cold, often with hot sauce or chili powder.  If I have a craving for something or have an event to go to, I tell the nutritionist and she adjusts my diet.  Today I'm only eating fruit except for lunch, which will be a work event with lots of food.
- - - - -
about the tofu- by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 02:03:12 PM EST
it carries plenty of b12 vitamins as well as protein, but as for the omega 3's we (veg heads) can get that from nuts, flax seed oil, green leafy vegetables, etc... So yes, short story long, it does actually work.

And in any case, not one thing is going to provide everything your body needs, goes without saying, but saying anyway. Unless of course, its Guinness Stout =)

Wow by theboz (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 07:08:05 PM EST

That's good and I eat a fair amount of tofu with all the Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai/etc. food I generally eat...or at least ate prior to the diet.  As far as nuts are concerned, they are banned from my diet for some reason.

Oh, I also found out why fruits like watermelon, mango, and banana are banned.  Too many carbs that are not balanced out by the fiber within them.

You're truly an amazing person to both know that fact and to like Guinness.
- - - - -
I'm not the government by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 04:19:33 PM EST

but if United Health is the same as United Health(care) I chose at DonutWheel, I'll shoot them for free. Best of all, I'm government-trained!

The same bastards by theboz (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 07:08:13 PM EST
Unfortunately, they are very commonly used anymore and are close, if not already, overtaking blue cross.  Also it's good to say the government should do something so it doesn't appear to be a threat.
- - - - -
About this weight you have lost by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 01:17:28 AM EST
I believe I have found it. Please send me address  to post it back to.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I don't need it by theboz (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 03:32:33 AM EST
Send it to hulver as a donation for running this site.
- - - - -
I think by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 03:42:28 AM EST
..he has some of yours too, judging by the webcam photo!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Sounds like you've found an affective diet by lm (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 04:57:29 AM EST
Note: this is a hint.

Cicero, The Republic
I don't get it by theboz (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 02:59:50 PM EST
I guess I'm too dense or the lack of sleep is getting to me, but I don't understand why you wrote "affective"
- - - - -
it was the wrong word by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Dec 11, 2007 at 03:15:15 PM EST
It ought to have been `effective'

Cicero, The Republic