Print Story on this, that and the other
By clock (Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 06:50:21 AM EST) (all tags)
stuff's pretty cool.

so the dude digs the studio.  last night he was fussing up a friggin' storm so i plopped him in his bouncey on the floor of the studio and resumed Operation RTFO.  much rocking happened and he rocked so hard he passed out.  my boy is hardcore, mofos.  the net result of the dude diggin' the studio time is that my productivity is up ~200%.  i've recorded 3 tunes in the past 2 weeks.  not bad.  excellent by my previous standards.  he's really pretty funny.  he'll bounce along and stare at me, making faces all the while.  he seems terribly amused by the the bass guitar.  maybe he's mocking my playing.  he should.  but the key is this:  there must be tunes at all times.  that means no editing and no mucking around with settings.  he seems to be saying "you can do that later, old man!  now dance for me monkey!  DANCE!"  and i do.  and all is well.

my beloved also enjoys this time as it gives her a break.  being with the dude 24/7 is rough work.  i would totally do it if i could.  being a stay at home dad would rule!  sadly, it's all about the money.  stupid fiscal responsibility and material needs.  always F'n with my style.  what i'm saying is that the more time the dude spends chillin' with me, the more time mommy has to replenish her health and manna.  we all win!

it looks like my mom has cracked.  being away from the dude is too much for her.  i send pictures daily, but she has no room in her life for still shots.  she needs the real deal.  stacky's mom drops by on most days for a quick fix.  she'll be "going to the fabric store" which is about 100 miles from our hosue and want to stop by while she's out.  i'm all for it.  grandparents rule!  i didn't know any but my maternal grandmother and the dude has (as of this writing) FIVE FRIGGIN' GRANDPARENTS.  most. spoiled. baby. evar.  more power to him!

and as for my mom...well...thing is, $x was never thrilled by her visits.  it's still weird for both mom and me that stacky is all good with having her around whenever.  i miss my mom more than i let on.  blixco's diary from last night hit really close to home.  i know she's coming to see the dude, but i think she'd come anyway.

i'm turning 35 soon.  i hate birthdays that are divisible by 5.  maybe when i get to 100 they'll be cool again.  but until then...meh.  i'm looking at my life and seeing that everything is exactly where i wanted it to be...10 or so years ago.  you will never catch me complaining about my current status.  i'm lucky.  really lucky.  i have a loving family and things are really in a good place for me.  but it makes me wonder what i did with all of those years.  a question best left unasked i'm sure.  i'll take off the monday after for giggles.  and because i'm burning days off.

< Things | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
on this, that and the other | 19 comments (19 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
"he'll bounce along and stare at me, by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #1 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 06:54:24 AM EST
making faces all the while."

DIAPER CHECK!

Wasted years. by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 06:56:16 AM EST
Only thing to be gained from thinking about them is anger. IMHO.

I hope I've got to where I wanted to be at 25 by the time I'm 35. I'm at the midpoint now.

Very true by Phage (4.00 / 2) #3 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 07:02:35 AM EST
Sometimes the anger helps though.

Yeah by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:42:32 AM EST
But for me it mainly just makes me miserable. I figure I could even sue in my case, as medical negligence was undoubtedly a big enough factor in my losing years, and loss of earnings is well into 6 figures, but it'd be wrong because to be honest it's not the real issue. And also, it's not as if I don't have comfortably off family to mitigate that.

Wait a second, that was utterly not the point I intended to make. Anyway, anger takes work to deal with constructively. I guess that's what I was trying to say.

What day is your birthday? by theboz (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 09:45:46 AM EST
My wife's birthday is next Tuesday, so I am curious if they are close.
- - - - -
the 18th. by clock (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:13:48 AM EST
november is a fine month for a birthday!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

The FoML by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:20:06 AM EST
Was born on the 20th.

His party is on the 18th. We are having a party. My wife's assurance that of course not all 20 kids will be able is turning out to be untrue.

I plan on hiding.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

ain't that the way? by clock (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:22:54 AM EST
i'm having no party.  in fact, i have no idea what i'm doing.  but i bet your kid's party will be a blast...as in "very loud burst of sound."

enjoy it!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

We're having a clown by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:25:42 AM EST
I plan on hiding in the den.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
um...what? by clock (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:28:44 AM EST
a...clown?

ARE YOU MAD!???!?!

hell, i'll be hiding in the den!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

What's wrong with by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 11:28:43 AM EST
clowns?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What's wrong is by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 12:21:46 PM EST
it's not that one.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
You need a paradigm shift. by Horatio Hellpop (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Nov 08, 2007 at 10:08:10 PM EST
Just think of it as being divisible by 3.5 and you'll be fine.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here

ya know what? by clock (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 02:48:56 AM EST
i feel better already!  thanks random internet stranger!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Thirty five is nothing! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 03:50:42 AM EST
In fact, you're at about the same place I was at the same age. And twelve years later look where I'm at -- Hmmm... Maybe that's not the best example...

THIS is what i was waiting for! by clock (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 04:21:57 AM EST
the same crap i hand out to my former students who are creeping up on...23...good lord.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Always glad to oblige. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 04:32:47 AM EST
Y'r ob't s'vt.

Dude... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 12:09:47 PM EST
you're 3 years older than me (minus a few days.)

That's practically neolithic.

post pix plz by duxup (4.00 / 1) #19 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 04:33:15 PM EST
Adore able.  Mrs. duxup and I are yet to spawn but I'd so dig being a stay at home dad as well.
____