Print Story November's over
By ana (Fri Nov 30, 2007 at 11:25:43 AM EST) nano, nanowrimo, writing (all tags)
And so's the writing process.

During the month of November, I wrote a novella of 50,062 words, as verified by the word counter at NaNoWriMo.org.

It's done. At least in the sense of 50k words being put down together in files, telling some kind of a story. It has its moments, to be sure, but there's also a fair amount of fluff and fill and untidied loose ends.

Part of that is intentional, given the subject matter: time travel, and the notion that you can "go fix" whatever you want to. The Good Guys know that's a bad idea, but eventually they succumb to the temptation anyway; absolute power corrupts absolutely. So multiple timelines that are mutually incompatible is part of the point, really.

But to do that well, and more or less comprehensibly, would be much more work than I had time for this month.

For those who care, the incidents related in my last two WFC stories (for challenges 6 and 7) are part of this story. Somebody said they wanted to see more in this world, and, boy howdy, is there ever more now. :-)

Why do I do this again?

< Friday Wrapup | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
November's over | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Hooray! by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Nov 30, 2007 at 01:02:36 PM EST
Congratulations, and welcome back. ;-) I've enjoyed reading along with your writing, and I do hope you revisit this world.
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
congrats! by clock (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Nov 30, 2007 at 02:41:19 PM EST
i'm seriously doing one next year.  no joke!  i even have an idea!

welcome back to the world of the non-noveler...for a while.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Congrats by janra (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 08:43:11 AM EST
I was really missing the madness of November noveling this year. Next year I shall try to arrange my life so I can actually pull it off.

Keep writing...
Discuss the art and craft of writing

Thx. by ana (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 10:25:03 AM EST
Do you, perchance, know how to do the equivalent of a blockquote in MultiMarkdown?

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

Can we read it? by 606 (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 12:34:54 PM EST
I'd like to read it.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Uh... by ana (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 12:53:49 PM EST
sssure. I'll have to ask about site access to where it's posted. If you'd rather have paper, I'll probably put it on lulu.com soon, if only for my own purposes (it's cheaper for them to make a paberback & ship it to me, than for kinko's to just xerox the manuscript). I got toxicfur to agree to make a cover design for it.

Or I can post the pdf someplace. I think lulu lets you do that, too.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky

I can wait for lulu by 606 (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Dec 01, 2007 at 02:25:53 PM EST
Paper is so much more accessible than electronic. If it was a PDF, to be honest, I'd probably just skim it.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Lulu... by ana (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 10, 2007 at 03:50:41 PM EST
is teh printing it. I should have it in hand by xmas. If you PM me your addy sometime around then, I can put it in the mail to you.

Power up your flaming yo-yos already! --StackyMcRacky