Print Story The Peanut Cometh!
By haplopeart (Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 09:04:18 AM EST) peanut, progesterone, baby (all tags)
For the last 10 months Heatrae and I have conducted a stealthy clandestine project of creation.

It has arrived and we call it Peanut!

October 27th(yeah I am like a month late I've been busy) our daughter has arrived.

6lbs 13.5oz of total wonderfulness.  We couldn't be happier.

The 9 Months of lead up were perhaps the most nervous of my entire life.  The baby department has been something of an issue with but a 25% return rate.  Having to wait an extra week past the expected arrival date made it all the more so nerve racking.  Every time Heatrae moved at night, or the phone rang at work I went into panic mode for the entire 41 weeks.  Its been a crazy year!

However as an aside for those interested I can't express enough my belief that Progesterone therapy is good and helpful thing.  Without it we had never seen the long side of the First Trimester, but here we are now in the Fourth Trimester as CBB once called it.  Doctors will say that its effects are unproven, untested, etc...but it can't hurt.  Seems proven enough to me.

She is here now and growing and thriving like a weed, I have finally begun to relax.

She has a real name, but she has been nicknamed Peanut (for being born on the smallish side Little Peanut) by several people now, and it seems to be sticking, so be it.

< I don't have much to say | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
The Peanut Cometh! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Congrats! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 09:12:00 AM EST
Enjoy this time, they grow up so fast.

congrats!!! by clock (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 09:21:30 AM EST
that is fabulous!

and nicknames rock.  people make fun of us for calling our son "the dude" but it's stuck.  and it's cool.

welcome to the world, such as it is, little peanut!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Pics or it didn't happen! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 09:34:24 AM EST
Con grad you lay shuns!

PICs by haplopeart (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 09:55:44 AM EST
Awwwww! Pass the keg! Pass the baby! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 10:07:34 AM EST
That's quite a crewcut to be born with.

You're doing it wrong by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 10:54:39 AM EST
Clothes off baby first, then into washer.

Woot! (nt) by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 10:05:40 AM EST

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Grats by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 10:48:56 AM EST
Well done.  Grats to you both.

Gedvondur
"It is virtually impossible to effectively aim a jellyfish, a creature created by God almost solely for the purpose of not flying."- CRwM

Peanuts by johnny (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Nov 28, 2007 at 02:58:05 PM EST
When Younger Daughter joined our family, last of our 3 chilluns, we called her Peanut. (That was nearly 20 years ago.)

I used to amuse Dear Wife by dressing up Peanut and doing puppet shows with her as puppet along the foot of the bed.  Peanut in cowboy hat as big as she was: "Hoppalong Peanut". Peanut in mafia-style fedora: "Don Peanut-leon". Etc.

But enough about our Peanut. Congrats on yours, especially given all the worry you had about her getting here.

jrs