Print Story cool old pics
By muchagecko (Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 04:51:08 AM EST) old family pics (all tags)
from my grandmother

My grandmother just sent me these pics of my parents at their wedding. Aren't they cute?

1961

Maybe its just because I know what happens, but can't you just see that she's going to rip his heart out? It's so obvious that I wonder why people didn't warn him.

< 2007.11.01: I'm not boiarizing. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
cool old pics | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #1 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 05:10:46 AM EST
Can you guess what my vote was in the poll?

It's obvious by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 05:16:51 AM EST
you voted 'no'.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
Can you spot the Asperger's? by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 05:18:44 AM EST
I can.

Maybe... by Phage (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 07:29:24 AM EST

Heh. Can you spot the alcoholism? by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Nov 05, 2007 at 08:09:04 AM EST
And the Alzheimer's?

That's a great photo. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Nov 05, 2007 at 10:20:42 AM EST
They knew how to party!

Alcoholic on left, later he developed Alzheimers? (he's looking a little spacey even for being drunk).

Party? That's dinner! Probably on a weekday! by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #14 Tue Nov 06, 2007 at 05:28:05 AM EST

Oh yeah. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #15 Tue Nov 06, 2007 at 05:34:43 AM EST
Making dinner a party. You've got some good genetic stock.

Also, no. He's the only non-Czech though. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #16 Tue Nov 06, 2007 at 05:36:19 AM EST
Alcoholic second from the left, but she was a scrapper: Died of non-alcohol causes (and non-cigarette causes despite being a Camel straight chain smoker for most of her life) at age 87-89. Alzheimer's third from the left. She committed "suicide" in her late 60s by refusing to eat after being institutionalized. She had orders in place for no heroic measures. All they could do is put her on an IV and pain meds.

Want to see some great grandparents ? by Phage (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 07:41:17 AM EST

She seems much shorter. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 09:44:40 AM EST
Do you have any pics of them together?

Cool pics. Back in the day when portraits were quite an art.

I have a ton of scanned stuff. by Phage (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Nov 04, 2007 at 10:38:51 PM EST
Most of them run to 1.5Mb which is a bit too heavy for Hulver I think.
I have a picture of my great-great-grandmother from Odessa on one side, and a picture of the old family castle/estate from the other. (I kid you not !) Some really fantastic ones of my grandfather on the farm before WW2 in the snow with his daughters.
I can email but I'd rather not post for reasons of anonymity.

awesome by moonvine (4.00 / 2) #7 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 11:03:15 AM EST
nt

It's crazy to look at your folks by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 01:23:02 PM EST
when they were younger than you. Ya know?

oh wow- by moonvine (4.00 / 2) #9 Fri Nov 02, 2007 at 03:32:24 PM EST
how old were they? pretty mama looks young. 23?

Close by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Nov 03, 2007 at 09:17:51 AM EST
I think she was 21. Crazy girl. She'd been married once before this.

I wonder why people didn't warn him by duxup (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Nov 09, 2007 at 04:09:48 PM EST
Maybe they were scared of her heart ripping skills?
____
She's really only trouble by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #18 Sat Nov 10, 2007 at 08:31:14 AM EST
to those that she's involved with romantically. She was pretty quiet and polite to everyone else.

There's always been 2 sides to my mom (bi-polar).

cool old pics | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback